Bug in some forum code.

Every now and then, Ill be browsing the forums and my Antivir will come up with some sort of a backdoor trojan in my Mozilla cache. Im positive its coming from this site, as it NEVER happens on any other website, and when AV comes up with the promt on what I want it to do, the page will stop loading, as soon as I tell AV to do its business the page finishes loading.

Heres what I got out of the AV logfile

2/6/2005,0:21:55 WARNING: Contains a signature of the (dangerous) backdoor program BDS/Prorat.19.I Backdoor server programs !

C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DANIEL COBB\APPLICATION DATA\MOZILLA\PROFILES\HELLOIMNOTINUSE\7JBJMO14.SLT\CACHE\3EFDC5FED01

File has been deleted!

This is the 6th time this week its happened. Always when Im browsing these forums.

Just a wild stab but could it be something to do with that whizzy sig' which a couple of people have that somehow get info and display your ISP and IP?

Nope, several other forums I go to have that and it doesnt trip my AV. One of the times it came up, there were no images in anyones posts.

Here's the page to that program that you mentioned:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...e=BKDR_PRORAT.M

This is listed as a Malware backdoor program (Backdoor.Prorat, BackDoor-AVW, !!!, Backdoor:Win32/Prorat.1_91, Backdoor.Win32.Prorat.191, W32/Prorat.P@bd, Win32/Prorat.RegInv.20992.DLL.Tr, Win32.ProRat.19.A, BDS/Prorat.19.F, BackDoor.Prorat.2.AE, Backdoor.Win32.Prorat.20992)

It runs in Windows so it's not on the website, it's possible that someone has an avatar image that's buggy or has some wierd code in it that's causing a false positive - either that or your own machine is infected with something.

There is nothing on this site that should cause your computer problems.