chinese MP5K PDW clone

boen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Opened the gearbox yesterday, Was pleasantly surprised.

Metal bushings, CA gears, vented piston head, Spring wasnt attached to piston head, just like upgraded marui's. Spring is slightly stiffer than stock marui. Reasonably accurate shimming.

All looking pretty good, ive upgraded with a TM motor and 9.6v, and now this thing is easily as good if not better than most other small AEG's out.

I have some pictures of the inside of the gearbox, however they are kinda dark.

I can also detail the procedure for putting in a 9.6v battery for anyone who is interested.

Cheers

Matt

Wildchild - Would you be able to post the procedure for fitting a 9.6v? Mine is on its way and I would like to know how its done.

Many thanks

No Problem.

Firstly using the grub screw underneath the front sight, take the front sight off.

Then there will be a part holding the spring for the cocking handle, which you must pull out and twist to release the spring.

Then place the cocking handle in the locked position and you will see a screw.

Undo this screw and remove the handle part of the cocking tube.

Then pull on the spring to free the cocking tube.

Then place your battery, connector first through the stock end.

Push the battery far enough through so that the stock will fit.

If it wont fit, you have the same problem i did, in that the battery wires are making the battery not fit.

So cut away a portion of the plastic front end of the receiver until there is space for the wires, as shown in photo 1.

PHOTO 1

dscf0311np6.jpg

And the battery should fit. I wouldnt recommend doing this unless you reshimmed already, but I may be being overcareful.

If it doesnt fit, keep taking more material off until it does. I put some black tape over the exposed end of the battery to make it look better, but that is up to you.

Cheers

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

To answer some of the questions above;

Mine arrived last week from Gunner. As previously mentioned, the paint on the metalwork is a bit slapdash, the supplied hi-cap doesn't work at all and the rate of fire with the supplied battery is diasappointing.

HOWEVER, I ordered a G&P 8.4v stick battery at the same time and the ROF improved greatly when I tried that. My King Arms Mk23 Socom silencer fits on the muzzle thread although my pal who also got one says his silencer, (don't know the make), is too wobbly to use. Overall feel is nice, solid and compact. The folding stock was a pleasent suprise and feels sturdy.

The stock CAN be removed and the backplate left in. This leaves 3 holes in the back. The middle one will allow the sling swivel though but not enough of it protrudes to allow the "c-clip" to hold it on. The other 2 holes are too small although a little grinding to widen them should do the trick.

Overall, fantastic for the price. Shoots hard for such a tiny aeg. I intend to use this as a backup for my sniper this weekend. :D

Yeah my hicap worked a treat and I don't think it mis-fired once.

I flipping love this little beast of a gun. I took it out as a backup for my sniper but after I got it out when a guy got a little too close I sacked the sniper rifle and just used the MP5K for the next couple of games. I can tell you I was running around and giggling like a complete loon I was having so much fun!!

I chrono'd mine at 345fps!! and it seemed to have a very good range for such a small gun. I too put a better battery in and the rof was very good for a 8.4v. With the stock extended it was very comfortable to use even with my long arms (I'm 6ft 2in). With the stock closed it was just hilarious. A couple of my mates commented that the most memorable sight of the day was seeing me break cover, sprint across a wide clearing with the MP5K held sideways gangsta stylee spraying in the direction of the opposition!!! :P

We also compared it side by side with the TM version and they are virtually identical except for the dodgy paint on the metal.

I would definately recommend this to anyone - its a flipping great piece of kit for less than £70 - cheaper than a lot of pistols!!

I wonder how difficult would it be to replace the stock barrel with a longer tightbore, then cover the excess length with a suppressor, like the Guarder QD? Would an extra foot or so of barrel make much difference in the accuracy/range department?

That depends on the design of the hop unit. If it's the same as 'normal' AEGs then it's easy.

Just buy the length you need and fit it.

You'll need to make up a 'bush' to locate and support the end of the barrel at the front of the suppresor.

I've just done this to a friend's MP5K, fitted a PDW stock, and a silencer covering the long TB.

MP5KPDW1a.jpg

It shoots very nicely.

You'll also need to fit an unported cylinder to fully utilise the extra barrel length, because basically, you're just fitting the internals of a 'longer' gun to a smaller one.

Therefore, the performance will be on par with a comparable gun, barrel length-wise.

Question to whomever has a 9.6 stick + done the mods

- what sized 9.6 stick are you using?

I've got myself an Intellect 1400, but I'm having a hell of a time making it fit. It seems there's a little ridge up in the body in the cocking handle area which also prevents the battery from sliding all the way in.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Al.

Hi, I've got mine since saturday. I tried it yesterday to set the hop up.

Great gun, as perfect as Marui quality speaking, powerfull, average accuracy (need perhaps to shot 1 or 2 more highCap). I will try it "in game" on sunday. Does anyone know if the Classic Army MP5K metal body is compatible with this gun?

It'll be "compatible", but I've heard bad things about the CA metal body - that it doesn't really fit any mp5k well, TM or otherwise... I reckon you should just leave it as is =)

Al.

Hi, I've got mine since saturday. I tried it yesterday to set the hop up.

Great gun, as perfect as Marui quality speaking, powerfull, average accuracy (need perhaps to shot 1 or 2 more highCap). I will try it "in game" on sunday. Does anyone know if the Classic Army MP5K metal body is compatible with this gun?

Not now, mate. Official holidays are 17-20th Feb.

Some stores, however, extend the end longer. HK has "3 public days of chinese new year" (18-20, 17th is a public holiday "last day of the year"). In China, however, they get like 7 public holidays for chinese new year...

Al.

I should be ordering mine tomorrow and will be looking for a new battery I think.

Apparently, it's a holiday just now and might not ship from Keith (rsov.com) 'til end of February :(

Any HK peeps clarify this?

Not sure if its been said but do you know I think the Galaxy MP5K has a tightbore barrel !!! I can only go by the fact that I ran a cleaning rod with some cloth down one gun and then straight after with same rod and cloth ran it through the MP5K. It felt a quite a bit tighter! I nearly bought some digital calipers yesterday to find out but I couldn't justify the expense to satisfy my curiosty!!

Archived