Asian Earthquake affects Airsoft Websites

Guinness

SOE & the Nintendo Servers were left untouched, Ironically so were EA servers.

Personally, I think I'm to blame for the whole Xbox live thing..

I was playing Gears and.. well..I just.. hit the guy so hard that it knocked him offline :lamo: and he took the live servers with him.. :rofl:

LOL +1

(Although there is a debate as regards to if Chuck Norris created God, which makes my previous statement invalid.)

Chuck Norris is of the opinion that God created him and everything and that Evolution is a farce and that the only way to be as powerful as Chuck Norris is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savory Treat.

It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.

By the way, without him, I don't have any power. But with Him, the Bible tells me, I really can do all things – and so can you.

<...>

There was a man whose tears could cure cancer or any other disease, including the real cause of all diseases – sin. His blood did. His name was Jesus, not Chuck Norris.

If your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not Chuck Norris' tears, it's Jesus' blood.

WGC was up briefly earlier yesterday for me, but very very slow.

Now they appear to be completely offline (at least to myself.)

RedWolf looks like it's up and running OK, though.

From http://www.cio.in/news/viewArticle/ARTICLEID=2585

"Damage to the cables also disrupted Internet access in China, Hong Kong and Singapore, Chunghwa said, noting that it will take up to three weeks to repair the affected cable systems."

Let's hope it's sooner than that!

WGC was slow but online for me...

I made a order with WGC today at around 3pm GMT, got my final quote about 15 minutes after I sent off the initial order, paid through paypal and the order status is now "pending payment". I used my brothers paypal account though so it might be taking longer to verify the details.

It's funny. It's cute. But here's what I really think about the theory of evolution: It's not real. It is not the way we got here. In fact, the life you see on this planet is really just a list of creatures God has allowed to live. We are not creations of random chance. We are not accidents. There is a God, a Creator, who made you and me. We were made in His image, which separates us from all other creatures.

By the way, without him, I don't have any power. But with Him, the Bible tells me, I really can do all things – and so can you.

<...>

There was a man whose tears could cure cancer or any other disease, including the real cause of all diseases – sin. His blood did. His name was Jesus, not Chuck Norris.

If your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not Chuck Norris' tears, it's Jesus' blood.

Suddenly I'm of a mind to re-appraise the '80s action-film ouvre of Michael Dudikoff. Or Jean-Claude Van Damme. Or Cynthia Rothrock. Or Gary Daniels. Or Matthias Hues. Just anyone but Chuck Norris.

I'm going to have to dig out my copy of Uncommon Valour and watch it just to make the bad taste go away.

Glad to be back online... can't live without wiki, msn and this.

UNCo not closing yet ;) All orders placed on or after said event would be delayed obviously...

This dude I know in taiwan lives on MMORPGs, so I can understand his suffering. There's also a couple deaths too.

I don't dare mess about with anything "big" online, like 70 meg updates or youtube...

We are still having issue at work (Global Bank) after this.

The problem now is most of the circuits are on re-routes (my hat of to the carriers for getting this done so quick) which means in the majority of cases the route is now going via another country and is usually on a smaller pipe than the links they lost.

So latency is much higher, we could usually expect around 100ms delay in reaching Singapore from the UK, but now on our re-route it's more like 350ms that makes a massive difference to reponce time.

We are gearing ourselves up for this going on for a good couple of months, ISP's are running out of bandwidth to re-route these circuits on, as you can imagine everyone and their dog is on at the ISP's for re-routed bandwidth for links they have lost and you can't blame them.

We must spend millions per month for our links in that part of the world and when you are spending that sort of money you expect to be looked after when things have gone wrong and so will all the other big corps.

I am surprised how quickly the ISP's were able to provide other bandwidth so quickly, they really pulled the stops out.

I would assume that USGS will take a while to register the quake....

EDIT: Looks like there have been a bunch of small-ish Earthquakes "around" Japan... there was a 5.0 120 mi south of Saipan... and four quakes from 4.7 to 5.2 from 240 to 380 miles off the Kurils.

EDIT2: And by 'around Japan' I mean through out the whole of the Northern half of the Pacific Plate. Definately doing a little bit of shaking. Probably related to something in the Filipino Plate giving way, which would have caused the quakes south of Taiwan. There probably going to be plenty more activity involving the Pacific Plate in the near future.

Archived