Time for a step-up?

The Thief Lord

Hello, I've owned a EBB and two Spring airsoft guns, and I think it's time to step up. I'm just not sure what neighborhood I'm in. I'm looking towards buying a KWA M19 Metal Slide GBB, or buy a 92FS or an M9 of some sort (GBB) like a KJW or something. Could anybody recommend something? My second issue is lubing/cleaning the gun, because I'm not so sure how to put it together, will manuals include this type of information? My third issue is that if I get a Glock model, I'd like to mount a flashlight to it. Is it possible to use a real-steel flashlight such as Surefire?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-The Thief Lord-

I presume you mean KWA G19. this is an excellent beginners gun, very reliable, takes green gas etc etc. If you want an M9, i'd suggest you go for a KWA as opposed to a KJW. KJW have a high lemon rate, the KWA is not full metal, but it does have a metal slide, and adjustable hop up. another M9 to look into is the full metal HFC, but you may be deterred by poor trades, and rail if you are going for a straight M9.

the manual will incude all the info you need. while it will most likely be in japanese, the pictures are usually informative enough.

RS flashlights, such as Surefires, will work, yes.

Hello, I've owned a EBB and two Spring airsoft guns, and I think it's time to step up. I'm just not sure what neighborhood I'm in. I'm looking towards buying a KWA M19 Metal Slide GBB, or buy a 92FS or an M9 of some sort (GBB) like a KJW or something. Could anybody recommend something? My second issue is lubing/cleaning the gun, because I'm not so sure how to put it together, will manuals include this type of information? My third issue is that if I get a Glock model, I'd like to mount a flashlight to it. Is it possible to use a real-steel flashlight such as Surefire?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-The Thief Lord-

If you want a Glock then a KWA 19 or 17 will be great if your on a budget and want a metal slide. For an M9 have a look at the HFC M190 & M199 they are some of the best GBB M9's you can get and come with a railed frame for fitting tac lights/lasers.

For lubing and cleaning as long as you buy new (and most 2nd hand) it should come with a manual which will show you how to field strip the gun which is as far as you need to go for basic cleaning and lubing.

Any gun you get with a railed frame most of the time* it'll be a 20mm rail which is the standard in most real handguns so flashlights will fit.

*HKs such as the USP and Mk.23 have weapon specific rails but adapters exists and some cheaper guns don't have accurate rails so some filing is needed

Pokethepope,

I was looking at the KWA M19 Metal Slide GBB on ShortyUSA, is this a good choice?

-The Thief Lord-

No. Don't use Shorty.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=241

$160.

One KWA Full Metal Slide G19, one extra G19 Magazine, one ICS Silicon Oil, one bag of Matrix 0.2 g 2000bbs, two cans of 1000ml Green Gas.

Is this because ShortyUSA isn't a reliable retailer, or am I getting a better deal at AirsoftGI? Can somebody also verify that this is a legitimate retailer?

-The Thief Lord-

You are getting a better deal a ASGI and because Shorty's tends to spread contagious noobism. Notice how they can't even get the name right. "M19" :rolleyes:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/...2/cat/61/page/1

Review of ASGI.

On ASGI you get

G19=$110

Extra mag $30

Silicone oil 200mL=$7

2xGreen Gas=$18

Matrix BB's=$12

Total=$177

Package cost=$160

ShortyUSA

"M19"=$110

Extra Mag=$30

Small Silicone 50mL=$5-$20 (note to get the same as ASGI you need four of these.)

KSC BB's=$18

2xGreen Gas=$20

Total=$198

There ASGI is cheaper by quite a bit.

I recently noticed that the KWA G19 doesn't include a trigger safety, nor trademarks. I'm actually thinking about buying a TM G17 3rd Gen Glock, I've already read the review on it, and it seems a lot better. Should this be of consideration? Also, would a TM M9 be better than the previous suggestions?

-The Thief Lord-

I recently noticed that the KWA G19 doesn't include a trigger safety, nor trademarks. I'm actually thinking about buying a TM G17 3rd Gen Glock, I've already read the review on it, and it seems a lot better. Should this be of consideration? Also, would a TM M9 be better than the previous suggestions?

-The Thief Lord-

The new TM G17's are supposed to be very good and reliable, with awesome stock power. I'd probably pick that over the KWA.

Archived