Clone/cheap AEGs list/database

Someone needsto do a spreadsheet or what guns are what and which are the best. It makes my head hurt sometimes.

There seem to be an increasing number of companies putting out quite decent clones (and some originals), and evermore companies rebranding them. I don't really know who would be best to do this (although I think DarkLite would need to be involved), but some sort of list, spreadsheet or something would be a godsend. I frankly have almost no idea which cheap guns represent good value for money, and which are pieces of ######.

:zorro:

Clone guns spreadsheet (30/12/06) v.1 :

AEGs :

AIM :

M4A1 : The first good M4 clone. It's exactly the same as the Tokyo Marui, except the plastic and weak outer barrel. Shoots at around 330fps.

M4A1 [Full Metal] : Same as above, but with a metal body and metal outer barrel.

AGM :

MP005 [XM-8] : Superior to the Both Elephant XM-8. The black parts of the body are covered by a nice rubber coat. The red dot is fake. The TM/CA mags shouldn't fit without modifcations

MP006 [XM-8 Long] : Longer version of the MP005.

MP007 [MP40] : not released yet

MP008 [M14] : Copy of the Tokyo Marui M14. Released shortly after the Kart M66, and is better on several points : metal gas tube, metal bipod, scope and scope mount included. Needs a bit more preparation before use (some relates a non-fonctional hop-up, a reversed battery plug,...)

A&K :

7799 [M4 S-System] : Very good clone. Well made with good materials. The structure of the SIR is made out of plastic, but the rails are metal. A vertical grip is included. Zeke metal body does fit.

Army :

AK47 : Very few reports right now, but the only owner I know says it's very good. Gunner says it's better than the CM.028, and that the hop-up unit is TM compatible which was the only issue of the Cyma AK47.

Bell:

EG-706 [G3SAS] : Full metal but can't be considered as a "clone", as nothing is compatible with Marui parts, even the magazine. It's made of two big shells, and a plastic handguard. The only interesting thing is the gearbox, but it's not even reliable.

EG-711 [G3/SG-1] : Same as above, but with a G3/SG-1 shape.

Both Elephant :

M8 [AUG Civilian] : One of the first clone guns to appear. The first version had a plastic gearbox that could shoot around 250fps. The newer versions have a metal gearbox. All of them have some compatibility issues with the Tokyo Marui and Classic Army magazines.

M8-1 [AUG Military] : Basically the same as the M8, except the receiver, which is AUG A1 type but with a black stock.

M8-1B [AUG Civilian] : Same as above, but with a metal gearbox and a metal Civilian receiver. A big (fake) scope is included, it's a red dot.

M9 [G36K] : First clone G36, kinda good quality, but lacks of metal parts. The first versions had the (in)famous clear plastic gearbox, the last one have a metal gearbox. Modification is required to fit TM/CA mags.

XM-8 : Same as the M9 (but released before) but with a XM-8 look.

M10 [sL-8] : Same as the M9, but with a SL8 look.

M15 [HK33] : not released yet

M16 [MP7] : not released yet

Cyma :

CM.027J [MP5J] : A very nice clone, we're not far from the TM quality. Only the hop-up unit and the barrel are different to the Marui MP5J.

CM.028 [AK47] : Same as above, it's a great performer, with very good reliablity (some owners have gone through more than 30000bbs with it !). The last versions are even better (metal hi-cap,...). The hop-up unit and the barrel are different to the TM AK47.

CM.028S [AK47S] : Same as above, but with a folding stock. The locking system of the stock is weak.

CM.031 [AK103] : Same as the CM.028, but with an AK103 look (AK74 stamped receiver, black furniture). Shoots at 320fps.

Double Eagle :

M86 [AK47] : First AK47 clone to come out. It was quite good before the CM.028 was released and impressed everybody with it's fake wood finish. The receiver and the stock are different to the TM one. An ugly rail is screwed on the top cover. Two hi-cap mags and a speedloader are included.

D-Boys :

M4A1 : Very good quality replica : 7mm reinforced gearbox, metal hop-up unit, 1100mAh battery, good quality sling, the front part of the outer barrel can be unscrewed to transform it into a M933...but the receiver is greensih and the fornt sight is made out ouf plastic.

BI-3381 [M4 S-System] : Same as above, but with a SIR kit installed and a black receiver. The front sight is made ou of metal.

BI-3881 [M4 CQB] : should be released in January.

Echo1 : see Jing Gong

Galaxy :

G.5 [MP5k PDW] : not released yet, but sounds promising.

Jing Gong :

Beta Spetsnaz :

0511 [AK47 SVD like] : Overall quality is as good as the CM.028, but it looks like they've just thrown their Beta Spetsnaz gearbox and a AK47 size brass barrel into something that looks like a Dragunov. Needs to be upgraded to be considered as a sniper rifle. A nice RPK metal bipod is included

G608 [G36C] : What can i say, the pictures are impressive. It looks exactly like the Marui. It shoots at 330fps, it seems to good to be true. The stock is 2cm shorter than the original gun.

W-4 [M4A1] : Once again, exactly the same as the TM M4A1, and shoots at 330fps. Some metal parts need to be repainted.

W-733 [M733] : Same as above.

W-16A3 [M16A3] : Same as above.

AUG : should be released in 2007.

MP7 : should come out soon, it seems VERY promising.

JLS :

SCAR : should be released in 2007. We don't know much about this brand.

HK33 : same as above.

Kart :

M66 [M14] : Copy of the Tokyo Marui M14, but with a slightly modified gearbox to accept standard gears. Two versions available : Wood and OD stock. Full metal except the gas tube, which is made of one piece of plastic. A good gun that shoots well out of the box. Bad quality 8.4V 1500mAh battery and charger included, and also a good hi-cap.

Matrix :

A47 : Very good external quality, 100% marui compatible...but a clear plastic gearbox and a mini-type battery. The gas tube and the front sight are plastic.

TOP Int. :

M4A1 : See AIM M4A1

UTG :

MP5 Seals : See Well R-5. Solid stock included.

Warhawk : See Double Eagle M86

Well :

R-4 [MP7] : haven't seen one for sale, but those who have tried it don't seem very impressed...

R-5 [MP5A5] : First MP5 clone, and maybe first clone of all, but nearly no metal parts visible from the outside.

R-5E [MP5A4] : Improved version of the R-5, with a tactical handguard.

R-6 [M4A1] : Full (bad) plastic M4A1. Nothing TM compatible, except the gearbox (needs to be completely replaced to accept metal bushings...). Plastic hi-cap mag.

R-6E [M4A1] : Improved version of the R-6 with more metal parts.

R-7 [sR-16] : Same as above, but with a flexy plastic RIS, and a solid stock. Poor quality. I bought one, and lost 120€...

R-8 [G3SAS] : It's a quite good AEG, but full plastic to.

R-9 [P90TR] : Don't know much about it except that it has a plastic gearbox, fixed hop-up (or maybe no hop-up) and bad quality plastic everywhere. Slightly better than the D-90...

Allright, so that's basically all I know about "clone" guns that have been made since last year. I own the Kart M14, but I had the Well R-7 and the Cyma CM.028 before.

If you have informations about guns in this list or if you want to add something don't hesitate to tell me ;)

Edited by Raptor3388

I can add a bit about the UTG/DE AK47.

Grips are creaky, fires about 260 with .2gs. Earlier versions were reported to have poor gearboxes. Included hi caps are ######. Compatable with TM mags though.

ANd the UTG Mp5

Seems to be a fairly sturdy piece of kit. Compatable with TM mags. From what I have seen, fairly reliable.

A thread similar to this-chinese clone reviews started a month or so ago, It died.

Perhaps if everyone posts links/info in one thread or via pm to a specified mod, then the mod stickys it and adds it into one big faq locked thread?

If you want to make me a mod I will happily do this for you.

danke

Ooh very helpful... I don't know anything really about the Chinese clones =( Can't even keep track of the numbers CYMA uses. I was about to get a D-boys S-system just to see how they were but was worried if it was 100% TM compatible or mostly compatible or non-compatible so I left it out of the cart.