The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

Right...

To solve your nozzle woes, get an $18 replacement 'PCS' nozzle from Tokyo Model Company.

To remove the rear sight, you will need to get to the point where the top wood section is able to slide back and forth along the top of the rifle, but not come off; do this by loosening the forward sling attachment point.

Lift the slider part of the rear sight up, use a screwdriver or similar to push the springy metal under that down, then pull the adjustable bit towards the bolt, it should click out.

You can then move the wood part back and forth enough to reveal the screws at the base of the rear sight unit, front and back.  You might have to attack them at a slight angle because of the wood, so take your time!

EDIT - P.S.  Shame on you for even considering putting a weaver mount on a Kar98...

Xeres - thanks!

Ill try that asap.

The gun is a G-version, but the actual brass nozzle with internal threading is severely necked down towards its base.

I chose this style of mount so that it would look just like the tanaka scope but actually be usable (read: have magnification) and that it would cause no damage to the rifle. I need the gun to be as period correct as it can be half of the year (for reinactor stuff) as I need it to be a useful sniper the other half (regular ol airsoft games).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries dude.

My G33 is also a G version, came from HK but the nozzle is pretty damn wide and even all the way down, both the stock one and the new one are identical.

You could always drill it out, or just splash $18 on the new nozzle... :P

As for the Weaver comment, each to their own, as usual! I prefer irons myself... ;)

I have made a side mount for mine. took a bit of work, and isnt pretty at the moment, but it works.

and yeah, seen that scope mount from BGS. lovely looking, from the price I think they work out about £40 though, which is a shame. but I may still get some at some point.

Just getting through to Best Gun is proving harder than a hard thing at the moment.

Here's an excerpt from the e-mail I got:

1. Prices are in USD,

e.g. 1. 98K-01 HOP UP S. X 1P. -------52USD

2. BG-T04 HOP Bucking X 1 P.(3 P.in one packs) ---15USD

3. 98K-02 Magazine Steel trigger piece X 1 P. ---18.5USD

4. 98K-03 Scope Mount X 1 P. --------61.5USD

2. You send the remittance includes the cost of products,

transports and the procedure fees of bank or Paypal----

so 52USD(S.P.)+12USD(Postage)=64USD+ 4%(Paypal)=66.5USD

EMS Postage is

0 - 0.25KG-------12USD - 0.5KG--15.5USD - 1KG----19.3USD

All the other prices are available on the site.

Xerxes, I had got as far as the quote from them, but the details they sent me for their bank account were incomplete (no account number).

I have requested this, and thus far, its been quiet.

Do you have details of their paypal address at all? using paypal is a lot cheaper and infinitely more stress free than trying to do a wire transfer through the bank.

FYI (sorry this is a bit out of context):

I own an M700 Take Down version and a while ago I bought the King Arms Silencer Adapter for Tanaka M700 ( 14mm- ). I took the front end off the barrel, when to put to the silencer adaptor on only to find it way to big for the barrel :(

Minus a lathe I stuck the damn thing in my pillar drill and put a file to it - finally managed to get it to fit but I had to take quite a bit of metal off.

Though the Take Down version doesn't seem terribly popular for some reason (or is that just my impression?).

how much is the m700 hopup kit (the one that comes with the extended nozzle and a correct sized part to go around the hopup rubber) from that site?

since evike is out of stock for quite a while now (that that i would trust them anyway so i wouldnt get it from them) and firesupport cant source that BGS hopup kit from any of their suppliers either im hoping the place in that link that was mentioned a few posts up is reliable and cheap (ive no idea how much it costs in £)

i dont want to modify the standard parts with the gun because if i ever sell the gun on i want to to be able to say that it has been upgraded but it comes with all the stock parts too, plus if the BGS hopup ever fails, i can go back to the standard hopup rubber without any modificatonis or buying new parts, which wouldnt be possibel if i drilled out the standard part to fit the BGS rubber.

Hi all,

After the first skirmish with my AICS, ive decided that it is, unfortunately, not firing with a regular and consistant power output - what do I Need to fix this? Can I simply get a knock-arm and plunger set, or do I need to get the complete power pack with the reinforced spring?

Thanks in advance

Matthais_31

p.s. If I do need the spring as well, is it true that it wears down the stricking plate significantly?

if you get the power pack (which IMO, is very good value), the spring has a much more positive hammer effect on the magazines.

The plungers (which you get 2 of) are slightly longer and actually negate the need for the impact plates (the bit that suffers the wear). They are also much harder wearing. I have put countless rounds through mine with only minimal wear to the plunger ends.

Have you done a crono test on numerous shots, because if its just shot inconsistency, then it could be other issues, rather than the gas variation.

I have not had a chrono done as I do not have one - but I cant understand what else it could be! I have had new and old hop rubbers fitted, with both the stock and a bic cartridge as the hop-actuator and still the same thing happens, some shots fire short as is no-hop is being applied, and then without chaning anything, the next shot will fly up into the air as if far too much hop is being applied- leading me to conclude that is must be a power issue causing the variance. Also, with no-hop applied, the bbs also seem to travel different distances, again pointing towards power.

Does my conclusion sound reasonable?

Cheers

Matt

Archived