The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

Has anyone tried fitting G&G L96 magazines in a KJW/Tanaka M700? I know they are fatter, but by how much? Because for a few millimeters I could put my dremmel to work. ( I really like the look of those magazines!!!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Atsalakotos :

The mags are not compatible... They are wider and you can't dremel it cause it's not like Tanaka mags with separate gas reservoir....

G&G G96 mag

original.JPG?1319043499

Tanaka M700 short mag

IMGP0271.jpg

Tanaka M700 long mag

longmagnoshelloq2.jpg

It's not safe to thin down the walls of the G&G mag!

I'd suggest buy some Tanaka mag as they will fit the KJW... At least that's what I've read! I've never handled a KJW!!

Wolf

I can understand what you are saying, but sounds like opening a big can of worms to me.

I suggest the tanaka m700 short mag, is still the best choice.

Good Hunting ;)

Well, in case I wont be able to fit the G&G magazine, i will get the Tanaka long ones as I am making an M40A5 stock so flush magazines aren't going to look good in it.
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

has anyone got any spare tanaka trigger parts, im after the pronged spring that locates into the hole on the valve knocker.

i believe it is the valve knocker return spring. any help much appreciated as mine has broke.

atb

jay

Both have the same performance unless one of these 2 have worn impact plates.

The 2 cylinder one should give a better consistency when you rapid fire...

I get the best consistency from the small 10rnd mags though but they don't fit at the AICS stock I had.

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Both the PAX and Kingarms are good,theres no difference in them to be honest.

As for a barrel any 555mm vsr cut barrel will do, I've had first factory 6.03,EDGI 6.01,pdi 6.01 barrels fitted to different tanakas and didn't see much of a real big difference,my next barrel will probably be a pdi 6.05 though.(the EDGI was a bull barrel,and to be honest was custom made,but ended up being abit more fiddely due to the hop design.I got the bull barrel pushed back extra to accommodate the hop unit)

and I've always ran lay lax purple rubbers in my tanakas.

• 3 weeks later...

been a while but i want to peck peoples heads ,ive just picked up an m24 fitted with a pax kit and a pdi 6.01 barrel ,its fitted with a lomex /falcon 70 degree rubber ,problem being there is so much hop i could over hop the moon and it puts enough spin on .43s to lift them out well past 100 yards ,but they start to climb past 45 yards without any hop on 8),im asking basicly ive used 9ball rubbers before with good efect ,but what degree are 9 ball rubbers,as im tempted to go for one of the aspuk 55 degree types ,anyone got any advice as thickness of the rubber is important to stop ripping at high fps

Hello fellow Snipers - and Hunters! :D

My name is gsalchi and I am reading quite for a while now in this forum. I've read through this thread from page 80 onwards to the last page because I want to buy a tanaka m700 ltr. I am currently using a "PDI'ed" marui L96.

Sorry if some of these questions already exist but I don't want do ditch roughly 1000 Euros in the toilet. :rolleyes:

1.) Apparently there are several versions of the Tanakas:

PCS/preban (very hard to get)

postban japanese (with low fps)

postban export (with high fps)

Right?

Is it possible to get more than 45*fps out of the export version with abbey brut sniper gas? I am planning to use this gas because someone in the thread mentioned he had problems with silicone on the hop rubber. (It is similar to predator-ultra but has less silicone.)

btw: The Limit for sniper-rifles in my country is 55*fps. However, I can lob-shot targets up to (laser-ranged) 96m with my 49*fps-L96. So the rifle should "just" have a consistent number between 45* and 55*.

2.) Suggested upgrades are:

King Arms vsr hop chamber + Nineball bucking

Somebody in the thread said that he did not need the "black piece" when installing this kit in the LTR. Right?

PDI 6.05

Which length? Is 555m too long for the LTR?

G&G Power Pack

Install everything but not the spring because it causes more wear to the internals. Again, right? :P

Are there any essential parts left I should consider buying?

Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry about my english, I'm not a native speaker.

Archived