The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

I suggest the AICS hop rubber is superior to the GnG Rubber set. The AICS has suppossed to have the most consistant HOP of all the tanaka rifles from what I have read.

As always, I suggest you buy the gun and run it in completely stock for 1000 pellets before deciding what to do with it. This will give you the benchmark to compare any "upgrades" to performance. The guns have plenty of light oil in them that will come out with use. i suggest you keep cleaning it and performance will improve as the pellets blast it all out. 1000 pellets is reported to be around the time when it is fully run in. I am not yet at that stage.

I have read about many people with similar parts fitted, to your list, who have had troubles, or no improvements. Tanaka rifles require much fiddling about to get them to work at optimum. Don't expect instant results.

I don't and will not be using my own tanaka m40a1 in a game till mid season.

Best Wishes for the Next Season. ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I recently acquired an m700 AICS, and I don't know how to use the PCS bolt, wheres the screw that I turn? thanks heres a pic of it:

bolt.jpg

BLACK JACK: The Tanaka Bolt needs the small grub screw slackening before you adjust the PCS. The grub screw is in that tiny hole just in front of the main recess/PCS. You will need an allen key to do this. Once that is slack, you can adjust the power system in the recess using your fingers. Once complete you have to tighten the grub screw to avoid the power wandering.

PS: Your nozzle looks like it could do with a clean (the dark line)?

Good Luck for '07 ;)

Bushman, that dark line (half way down) is probably a shadow cast where the nozzle steps down to a slightly smaller external diameter.

This is an example of the extended nozzle which the new versions have. it contributes to a better BB location in the barrel and is essential when fitting the BGS rubbers.

I am still looking for some 6.5mm external diameter brass tubing if someone has some in a drawer somewhere.

I'm not really up on my bipod fixtures...

Would the King Arms Spring Eject Bipod fit without the need for a bipod adapter?

I know quick release ball-joint bipods will fit straight on, so would something like the Harris bipod work?

This is the King Arms one:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...oduct&id=KABP01

This is the CA Harris bipod:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...&id=CAHARRBIPOD

Would either of these fit straight on? If not, will someone please throw me a link to the adaptor on Wolf Armouries?

Thanks!!

Hey, I was thinking about purchasing a Tanaka m24 for summer sniping. I was wondering....it has PCS right? Can it take Red Gas stock? If so (or not) what's the fps range from? Are the only upgrade options the bucking and inner barrel? Sorry for all the questions, i just can't seem to find answers online right now.

Hmm I'm getting ready to purchase my new tanaka gas rifle and i'm wanting to know if it'll be any good for the temperatures I play in? The average temperature for most of the year is about 15-16 degrees Celsius but it fluctuates from between 10-30C will this be ok? I will be using propane with it soo....

Righty then.

If you have any questions that relate directly to any of the Tanaka range of Sniper rifles, including the M700, M24, M40A1, AICS or Kar98 or the KJW M700 and their take-down equivalents please search this thread to see if its been asked before, and if not, please ask in here.

Hey, I was thinking about purchasing a Tanaka m24 for summer sniping. I was wondering....it has PCS right? Can it take Red Gas stock? If so (or not) what's the fps range from? Are the only upgrade options the bucking and inner barrel? Sorry for all the questions, i just can't seem to find answers online right now.

That being said....can anyone help me out a little bit? I would very much appreciate it.

now now.... I missed your post when I looked last (sorry for not looking further).

Red gas? not entirely sure what you mean on that one. And seeing that this is a British site and the owner respectfully requests we dont tell you how to get guns shooting over 1J then I shall refrain from answering that. But the mags take propane without incident.

If you want to find upgrade parts, do a search on WGC for Tanaka M700 and you'll find loads. Also, check out the Technical discussion, there are loads of posts about Tanaka's in there.

The only 2 you 'really' need are the ones you mentioned.

And remember, patience is a virtue.

i'm sorry, i think it was like 4am when i wrote that and i was a bit cranky for other reasons. So the m24 takes the same upgrades as the m700? Yesterday night i read like 10 reviews on the gun lol, but they all seemed to not answer my questions. All the reviews were for the m24 when it just came out so under "upgrade potential" they didn't know of any. I asked about the PCS because I too have limits for the place i play at and i don't want to shoot over those. Is it possible to make the rifle shoot at 328fps with .20's?

Yes, the new Japanese laws mean that the flow of gas is limited. To keep the gun under 328fps with 0.20g I suggest you need to be avoiding RED GAS and going with 134a. I guess that is how the new Japanese law intends it to be used. The limiter that is now fitted makes it shoot far less velocity than the reviews you read may indicate.

Good Luck ;)

Yeah, the M24 (and the M40, LTR and AICS) is essentially the same rifle as the M700, the only differences are a different stock, and a slightly shorter bull barrel. Everything else (reciever, bolt, trigger, mags etc) are identical and take exactly the same upgrades.

Use 134 and the PCS will turn right down to below 328, or get a new one as Bushman says, as they are all tuned to below 1J as per new laws in Japan.

If I were to give my 'essential' upgrades to Tanakas, it would be tightbore, BGS hop rubbers, and the G&G Power pack, and thats it. everything else is just gravy.

Do you guys know where I could get a new grub screw for the PCS bolt? I have been able to turn it to its lowest setting despite the grub screw being in place (required only a slight amount more force) but I dont want to keep doing this for fear of damaging the screw. The grub screw at the moment has lost its head due to the previous owner :(

Any suggestions/places to get a new one would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Matthais_31

G'day ladies and gents!

Just got hold of a new Tanaka G33 G-Version, and what a wonderful bit of kit it is! Got a few observations / thoughts / questions for the experts though...

Being the 'G-Version', I'm guessing it has some sort of PCS built in. The only parts that appear to be PCS related are the nozzle (which is threaded) and a small part which screws into it; it seems to reduce the amount of gas hitting the back of the BB. It appears to reduce the velocity by almost half (based on penetration tests). Is this in fact the PCS system or just a part of it?

There does not appear to be a grub screw to adjust power on the bolt, except for a small one right at the back end (user end) of the bolt. I'm guessing this will be a post Japanese velocity reduction law rifle, given that it was purchased just a week or so ago from Redwolf and appears to have no other means of adjusting power besides the small nozzle narrowing device.

As for the rifle being limited to ~328FPS as per Japanese laws, It seems to shoot ridiculously hard without the nozzle limiter attached (going halfway through a copy of GQ my little brother left lying around :P ), although this test was conducted indoors, with Abbey Predator gas, at a range of five metres. However my P90 and MK43 which are both around the 328FPS range, couldn't do half that damage to the magazine... Seems a bit strange, doesn't sound right to me.

If I'd received an old version G33 G, I'd have expected the PCS system to be similar to the M700 with a grub screw on the bolt and not just the screw in nozzle attachment, however if it is a new version that should be limited to 328FPS, why does it blatantly out-power my other, known 328FPS guns? Very confusing.

Anyone else got either the old or new G33 G for comparison?

Sorry gals and guys, like a chump I found out what I needed to know through Google about ten minutes after posting! :P

The G Version I have has PCS; the K98 / G33 PCS system is different to that of the M700 etc. in that it solely uses the little screw in nozzle attachment to limit FPS, with different sized nozzles for different power ratings. I was only supplied with one, so I'll need to see how it performs when I get my chrono back.

As for power, I can only presume that the rifle I have is an old style G33, as it clearly out powers my known-to-be 328FPS guns. Lucky beans eh? Now if I can just tune it to my site limit I'll be happy... :P

Hopefully this will help some other G33 newbie like myself...

Archived