The Complete Tanaka Thread

The Chef

Do silencers make all that much of a difference on Tanakas? I've only done a very crude 'line it up and see if there is a difference' test but I did notice I was having to take a shot and displace a lot last time I was out.

Simple answer ...yes lots

Reason being the only sound that comes from the rifle will be the spring in the bolt hitting the impact plates ,, no muzzle report (or very very little ) ,my last m24 was in audable at 5 metres

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah very much so. I will try and get a video posted tmr if you want showing mine fire with and without the silencer.

As doc said the only real noise you hear is the hammer hitting the mag. Any tanaka's I have from now on will be fitted with a silencer straight away.

Theres a quick vid showing with and without, nothing special was done in 5 min in my garage, as I've got the kids so cant go else where.

It doesn't demonstrate it fully but should give you an idea.

The first one i did ,i used bbs but all you could hear was the whack of them hitting my target,as it was only 5 feet away

I know it was shot using my wife nex5n which doesn't have the best audio.May need to invest in a new dslr as mine doesn't do video, but not sure i want or need a d800 ,plus i could buy a fair few guns for the same price.

The garage also amplified all the sounds and the youtube made it go all jumpy for some reason.

Was going to ask where you got it, the m40 will need one if i get it.

Holy balls thats impressive....so how does one fit a silencer to a Tanaka M40A1 with a pax kit? Tried a, I think, spartan doctrine adaptor but that didn't fit in the taper on the barrel.

not 100% sure best to ask doc as i got my ltr from him, but i be leave he made the silencer adapter.

If you have access to a lathe it shouldn't be hard,either that for sand down a bought version.

Im sure its a vfc or king arms 3rd opps ..difficult to find now i fear :)

i couldn't remember if thats what it was but thought it was.will have a look and see where they can be had,been tempted to try running a 430mm barrel with cut down outer and one of these.

not 100% sure best to ask doc as i got my ltr from him, but i be leave he made the silencer adapter.

If you have access to a lathe it shouldn't be hard,either that for sand down a bought version.

I did use the king arms adaptor but i had to turn it down on a lathe and fettle it a bit to make fit , something im planning on doing again with my m24 but i want a over barrel silencer this time ..

Hello fellow Tanaka-Owners!

I have a small question regarding my m24:

When using the kingarms-vsr-chamber, do you use that tiny spring between the adjustment-wheel and the "metal-piece"?

I mean part no. 89:

http://forum.gasgunempire.de/artikel/explosion/tanaka_m700c.jpg

I am asking because my m24 didn't even come with one in the first place...

Thanks in Advance!

gsalchi

I've owned 2 preban M700 both didn't come with that spring. So no problem there!

You don't need actually, the adjusting screw is touching directly on the metal piece that came with the KA kit.

Wolf

I put a small piece or rubber in that slot to stop the above as i found the metal would cut the hop rubber after a few 100 rounds , i filed down the metal piece as in all the pax kits i have fitted there have always been sharp edges

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm breaking down my Tanaka m700 AICS for spares, loads of bits up for grabs. PM if you are interested

G&G Heavy barrel set (fluted) includes inner barrel

Tanaka bipod pin & L96 style bipod

EDGI custom made 6.01mm 630mm inner barrel (never used) (VSR HOP)

BGS hop chamber (just the chamber)

Original M700 AICS outer barrel

KJW 6.04 inner barrel (M700 HOP)

3-9 x 40 scope plus sunshade and flash hider, mounts included

Tanaka AICS stock (sprayed black, original OD)

upper reciever

trigger mech

PM if interested!

Thanks

Hey everyone,

Looking for some help. I bought a M700 as not working from another forum. Basically it turns out the previous owner knackered the bolt by taking it apart and loosing parts. From what I can see, the cocking indicator is the missing part, but the bolt handle looks slightly damaged too. I was hoping that someone here could have a look over the photos and let me know :

1: Exactly what parts are missing

2: Point me in the direction of a shop I can get said parts, as I cant find a Bolt handle in stock anywhere, but can find various other parts for Tanaka bolts.

Clicking on the photo will show the other pictures I took of all the parts I have. Also, here is a link to a M700 manual for parts reference : http://www.everything-airsoft.com/Airsoft-Product-Manuals/Airsoft-Gas-Rifle-Manuals/Manual%3A-Tanaka-M700-Sniper/

All help appreciated. Thanks guys.

Tanaka M700 Bolt Parts

1: Exactly what parts are missing

The cocking piece is missing as is the grub screw that keeps the striker rod from coming loose. Lucky you there's plenty of options ranging from just the piece itself to almost complete bolts.

G&G steel cocking piece only

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandg-steel-cocking-piece-for-tanaka-m700-m24-sniper.html

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=8444

power packs

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-steel-enhanced-kit-for-tanaka-kjw-m700-part-no-33-37-38.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandg-power-pack-for-tanaka-m700-m24-sniper.html

and an almost complete bolt

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=4079

I have the following available if it helps:

Original M700 Hop Chamber

Barrel plug

Locking nut

Original cocking piece

Original bolt spring

Original strike plate

Original gas route connector spring

Original bolt nozzle

Original Hop unit

BGS hop unit

BGS buckings x 3

Grub screw

Mag plunger

Bolt screw (Flat head from middle of bolt I Think)

Also have:

AICS stock (originally Olive, sprayed black, well)

Guarder Large rifle bag

Tanaka AICS bipod adapter pin

L96 style bipod with extendable legs

3-9 x 40 scope

40mm sunshade

universal barrel mount

Let me know if you are interested via PM

Thanks

Updated:

Original M700 Hop Chamber

Barrel plug

Locking nut

Original bolt spring

Original strike plate

Original gas route connector spring

Original bolt nozzle

Original Hop unit

BGS hop unit

BGS buckings x 3

Mag plunger

AICS stock (originally Olive, sprayed black, well)

Guarder Large rifle bag

Tanaka AICS bipod adapter pin

L96 style bipod with extendable legs

universal barrel mount (attach torches and lazers etc)

KM-Head TN 6.04 587mm inner barrel (M700 Hop)

EDGI 6.01 630mm inner barrel (never used)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I picked up the original cocking piece of charliethegreat but I'm still thinking I'm missing pieces. Parts 34 & 35, the bolt detent and bolt detent spring. I beleive I'm also missing part 37, the rebound spring.

If someone could have a look at the picture I posted I'd be most grateful (again) for any help.

Ta, FL.

Archived