LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

JohnBoy, the limitation I had in the AKM were that this model was more a facsimile rather than a full blown out bolt to bolt accurate model. The other limitation was that the wood kits I ordered were not in stock and I have yet to get them. I made this weapon as a mishmash while keeping true to the low cost method of such a mod. Your observations are good and once again that was due to using existing parts but as to calling this a type 56, the most telling feature of both Chinese type 56s is the integral bayonet and slot cut in the handguard. The gas vent holes are easy enough to overlook and I did debate using the AKM thin style front sight block but that part of the CM031 went into an Arsenal milled AK47 replica build. This AKM has only ~$150 in parts including a real steel spoon compensator and looks more authentic than the barrage of 3rd model AK47s on the field from people wearing modern Russian loadouts. It does fine as an irregular's weapon for OPfor loadouts in scenario games as well due to the ubiquity of the AKM receivers.

Matt101, I had to shave a bit of the rail handle to get the G36 springer rail to fit and built a laminate block of plasticard to the back part which I screwed into the receiver.

Here are some of my other work. These are jsut modified beyond stock and my stock guns are not included

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=1805.0

The majority are Low cost guns as I leave my higher end models alone as I am a gun collector first and Airsofter second.

Edited by Sgtwiltan
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but as to calling this a type 56, the most telling feature of both Chinese type 56s is the integral bayonet and slot cut in the handguard.

Nnnnope :) Not all of them had that type of bayonet, I have pics of some such examples somewhere in the depths of my harddrive... The shape of the stock might be a bit different there, but it's pretty much precisely what you have there (let's not get into details like a slightly different bolt layout etc). This works great as a late, milled-receiver-based bayonet-less Type 56 as it is :)

snip

My late great CM028 just after I opened the box. I also got those 70 round metal mags for $6.50 a pop. ;)

Where'd you find 70rd metal's for $6.50? You must give me link. I've spent all afternoon looking for mid-caps from MAG, and I'm gonna say, THEY AREN'T OUT THERE!!

Where'd you find 70rd metal's for $6.50? You must give me link. I've spent all afternoon looking for mid-caps from MAG, and I'm gonna say, THEY AREN'T OUT THERE!!

http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant....=AEGairsoftmags

Out of stock... :(

They have gone up since I bought mine. Six for $50 is still not bad. I got mine for $40. ;)

MAG doesn't make AK midcaps.

Edit:

STAR does

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=8730

Ten 105 round plastic Mids for $56

Edited by evilliboba
echo 1 m4a1, crane stock

Talk to me! How is it? I'm going to one of these next:

-ECHO1 G36C

-ECHO1 M4

-ECHO1 M16

-ECHO1 M733

Anyone else recommend any others, or which one of these? Would I do better ordering the non-rebranded ones from Gunner's? (And no gunner, you can't answer that last question. :P )

EDIT: Didn't mean to quote the pic...

Edited by 101matt1

Matt101, I've got both the Echo1 M733 and M16A4's. I've made the A4 into the M16A2 using the M733 upper (for you bolt counters the Auto is still on but I don't remember if my service weapon said auto or burst on it) The M733 has also become an M933. I've managed to create 2 different guns they have not marketed yet. The build quality is good for an MPEG and I prefer the 2 piece hop-up assembly for plastic bodies as the extra plastic in the mag well adds rigidity to the lower receiver. On informal chronos bothe min are easily i the 300's which is fine as they are primarily shooting display pieces rather than skirmish guns. I actually rely on my plethora of R6/R7 clones for skirmishing in mostly stock form without resorting to Gearbox upgrades.

My G36C has also been modified but I did not change out to a longer barrel. It has the D-boys barrel extension, a BE K handguard and the PPA G36/STANAG magwell converter. This gun only shoots in the 290s w/.20s however.

Edited by Sgtwiltan
Matt101, I've got both the Echo1 M733 and M16A4's. I've made the A4 into the M16A2 using the M733 upper (for you bolt counters the Auto is still on but I don't remember if my service weapon said auto or burst on it) The M733 has also become an M933. I've managed to create 2 different guns they have not marketed yet. The build quality is good for an MPEG and I prefer the 2 piece hop-up assembly for plastic bodies as the extra plastic in the mag well adds rigidity to the lower receiver. On informal chronos bothe min are easily i the 300's which is fine as they are primarily shooting display pieces rather than skirmish guns. I actually rely on my plethora of R6/R7 clones for skirmishing in mostly stock form without resorting to Gearbox upgrades.

My G36C has also been modified but I did not change out to a longer barrel. It has the D-boys barrel extension, a BE K handguard and the PPA G36/STANAG magwell converter. This gun only shoots in the 290s w/.20s however.

Ok, I guess I'll stick with the G36C. Thanks. :)

MP5KUzimag1.jpg

MP5KUzimag2.jpg

Cyma CM.027 : Shortened cocking tube to fit RAS off of Well springer, tightbore, 9.6v in a battery sling.

Only mod I did to the gun itself to fit the mag, was remove some material under the magcatch, so it would go in a little further.

The mags move a bit side to side, & the slightest movement fore to aft, which will make them mis-feed. A little tape around the mag would cure it easily, but I wanted to keep the mags compatible with my Warhead kit in my M4SD.

I think it looks pretty cool. If only I could get the mag to rake forward, then I would have that MP5/10 look.

The white area on the mag, is where I ground it away for the mag catch. The Warhead mags are white plastic with the outer surface dyed/painted.

UTGAupdate.jpg

UTG/Well R5 : Added RIS from Well G3 springer, and failed horribly at trying to to engrave.

ICS gearbox, M4 length inner barrel, 8.4v.

This was a $10 "broken gun" from Airsoft Atlanta.

Gotta love it!