LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the generally accepted view is it's ok to discuss a gun that fires above forum limits in it's stock form, but it's not acceptable to discuss how to make a gun perform above forum limits. So, a review of a gun putting out 400 fps is ok, but an article on how to make a TM M4 put out 400 fps isn't (unless that article consists of "Use very light bbs" ;) ).

:zorro:

Nearly equal. Save for a few lower quality parts such as the barrel and hopup. Honestly, I own a CM028s and I have held the TM version and they feel identical in build quality, and at the range seemed to shoot the same except I would go out on a limb and say the Cyma has more fps. It also looks better (better plastic wood).

Nearly equal. Save for a few lower quality parts such as the barrel and hopup.  Honestly, I own a CM028s and I have held the TM version and they feel identical in build quality, and at the range seemed to shoot the same except I would go out on a limb and say the Cyma has more fps. It also looks better (better plastic wood).

one more thing, their TM parts compatible right?

Edited by ssddismymotto

one more thing, their TM parts compatible right?

Everything sans barrel and hop-up.

If you get one, go for the full stock, either the 028 (AK47) or 031 (SLR105/AK74), since the folding stock on the 028s is made of very shotty metal and *will* eventually fail on you with any sort of vigorous use. Save yourself the frustration and allow for more battery options and get a full stock!

Steve

Just baptised my CM028A today.

VERY nice. Accuracy is about Stock TM, power is right on 1J and the 1000round hicap kept her fed nicely all day.

Only problem I had was the stock hop-up unit tends to drift a bit - I might change it out for an ELEMENT or TM one.

Just baptised my CM028A today.

VERY nice. Accuracy is about Stock TM, power is right on 1J and the 1000round hicap kept her fed nicely all day.

Only problem I had was the stock hop-up unit tends to drift a bit - I might change it out for an ELEMENT or TM one.

The 028A is deffinetely an interesting option! I'm not generally a fan of modernized AK's, but I respect the choice and versitlity it brings, especially considering it gives buyers one more choice when they decide to buy what I consider the most venerable (but probably not the 'best') clone on the market at the moment.

Darklite, do you know of any retailers that carry Tokyo-Marui AK hopups? I'm not very happy with the ELEMENT I've installed in my first 028...

Steve

The 028A is deffinetely an interesting option!  I'm not generally a fan of modernized AK's, but I respect the choice and versitlity it brings, especially considering it gives buyers one more choice when they decide to buy what I consider the most venerable (but probably not the 'best') clone on the market at the moment.

Darklite, do you know of any retailers that carry Tokyo-Marui AK hopups?  I'm not very happy with the ELEMENT I've installed in my first 028...

Steve

Terribly sorry, no idea where a TM AK hopup can be had, except if you managed to scrounge one off a sec-hand shop.

As a side note, the finish and quality on the 28A is MUCH higher than the standard 28.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but the hop-up unit MAY be TM spec.

Terribly sorry, no idea where a TM AK hopup can be had, except if you managed to scrounge one off a sec-hand shop.

As a side note, the finish and quality on the 28A is MUCH higher than the standard 28.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but the hop-up unit MAY be TM spec.

Do you say that the hop might be compatible because the inner barrel on the 028A is brass? The 031 barrel is brass and it stilll has the same wonky hop design... I'm guessing a lot of the techniques they put into the 031 (which I agree, feels much better then standard 028's) they put into producing their newest 028.

Thanks for the head's up Joe--I'll keep my eye's open.

Steve

Do you say that the hop might be compatible because the inner barrel on the 028A is brass?  The 031 barrel is brass and it stilll has the same wonky hop design...  I'm guessing a lot of the techniques they put into the 031 (which I agree, feels much better then standard 028's) they put into producing their newest 028.

Thanks for the head's up Joe--I'll keep my eye's open.

Steve

The CM028A has got a brass barrel, but the reason I think the Hopup is TM spec is that the hop up rubber looks like a TM one - the standard 28 and 31 rubbers are much shorter and not TM spec.

My new JG Steyr AUG "Emulational High-Powered Nicety" in full-on La Femme Nikita mode. No idea why JG opted for Both Elephant-style packaging this time around, but the rest of the gun is pure JG - full metal barrel assembly and upper receiver.

I know the silencer attachment's OTT to say the very least, but having the feature of being able to break the rifle down in just five seconds just got me in a "Hollywood Hitman" kind of mood. Cheers for the info on that, DarkLite.

On the very plus side, though, with the AUG's gearbox buried somewhere in the depths of the rifle's stock, with a big f***-off silencer attached, the only sound made is an extremely muted "thunk". Or "thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk" when you add the extra pressure to the trigger for full auto. Luvverly.

Sorry about the pictures (rubbish camera), but you get the general idea.

Edited by djl

I had a chance to look at two new JG AUGs the other day in a skirmish - one had the inner barrel and hop-up upside down. Best check that.

OTOH, they are very nice, and fire at 1.3J as stock. Ace.

Edited by DarkLite

0220071730a.jpg

0220071731.jpg

0220071732a.jpg

0220071732b.jpg

0220071729a.jpg

It started it's life as an Echo1 M4A1 it now sports the following upgrades:

G&P Navy Seal NSWC Crane metal upper/lower reciever

Classic Army Delta Ring

Classic Army Fiber Handguards

G&P Barrel Mount Rail System

Echo1 Crane add on for LE Stock

1" LE Stock Rubber Butt Pad

SRC Metal Carry Handle

Stock Hi Cap + ICS Hi Cap Mags with Mag Clip

Guarder Shim Kit

Guarder Superlicid vented chrome cylinder

Guarder Polycarb Piston

Guarder Polycarb vented bearing piston head

Guarder Stainless Steel dual 0-ring cylinder head

Guarder Steel ball bearing spring guide

Guarder 6mm Stainless Steel bushings

King Arms anti wear selector plate

LUZ 9 LED Tac Light

Leapers 40mm Red Dot/ Green Dot zero mag scope

UTG Three Point Sling

Adding soon:

M4 Handguard rail system

G&P folding vertical grip

Some sort of different hand grip, maybe the G36 type or sniper type

Sorry about the crappy cell phone photos. I sold my Digital SLR body because I am waiting for the new camera body to be released.. As soon as I get my new camera body I will take some high res glam shots :)