LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

Right guys it's dilemma time.

over the past week I have been torn between the JG g36c and the m16a3. I get close to ordering one but then the other just drags me back in kicking and screaming. I've read countless reviews, videos and stuff and I just can't bloody choose!!!!

I know it's probably one of those "pick the one that you like best" problems and I understand that the m16 will get better accuracy and range but then the G36C looks really nice as well and it continues like this in my mind until I actually go mad....

ANYWHO, if anyone can tell me anything about performance, durability, quality or anything that will sway - tell me now, or forver hold... you know the drill.

Thanks,

Gareth.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally would go for the M16A3. It does have better accuracy and range as you said. Other pluses is that the mags a cheaper and easy to fit in pouches. They are *beep* load of after market bodies, RIS/RAS, Stocks etc. The M16 would be a nice gun to start out with and as times goes on add little upgrades to it until there is nothing of the original JG left. ;)

They're both JG so should have the same quality levels. I have the G36 and I'm very pleased with it. I have thoroughly cleaned the barrel with some degreaser and swapped the hop rubber for a TM one - the accuracy is now amazing. Still a little dissapointed with the maximum range, seems a little low to me. The mag thing evilliboba mentions isn't a problem if you fit a PP Magwell Adapter. I have done and now use my M4 mags in the G36.

I don't have the JG M16 but I am very close to buying one of them too. The advantages you should get with it over the G36 are better range and the solid stock will take a large battery. One thing to consider is that it is a very long gun (1 metre I believe) so may not be as manouverable as the G36.

What other guns have you got? If you've already got a long gun go for the G36. Otherwise the M16 might be a better first choice. I've already got other long guns and I needed a SMG so the 36 was the right choice for me.

Whichever one you choose I'm pretty sure you will not be dissapointed.

Cheers

Basically the guns I have at the moment are the Benelli m3 super 90 (Big, big gun - love it to bits) and the JG mp001 and no real AEG. I am going to be ordering a CYMA CM 0.31 (as I have a heap of AK stuff gathering dust and I have wanted one for a while now) and before the VCRB kicks in I am looking to buy one more gun (I would buy a CA, TM or ICS but I am a budgetsofter ;))

So basically the only thing I will be able to do after April 6th is cutomize existing guns - and I know that both the M16 and G36 series guns are good for that.... Gah I don't know... I think I am going to be getting the M16 for it's increased range and perhaps over time make a DMRish thing out of it.

I have owned small guns before (tm p90 and m4a1) and I just don't get the same thrill from them as the big ones like the m3 shottie and the AK series.

Thanks to all those who have made an effort to help me, it is greatly appreciated. :)

- Gareth.

I considered that for a while - could you actually tell me how or why it is the best JG AEG? Surely it would be the same as the m16 in different clothes - same manufacturer same barrel length etc.

And after you buy an AUG there's next to eff all you can add to it or do to it... The only way I would get it is if it is actually better quality than the other guns/it'll last far longer.

'Lil help?

I considered that for a while - could you actually tell me how or why it is the best JG AEG? Surely it would be the same as the m16 in different clothes - same manufacturer same barrel length etc.

And after you buy an AUG there's next to eff all you can add to it or do to it... The only way I would get it is if it is actually better quality than the other guns/it'll last far longer.

'Lil help?

The wiring is better in the AUG, for a start.

It's also quieter, shorter and easier to upgrade.

That would look nice if you had spent unjustifiably large amounts of money on a full stock (silly I know) a proper bipod and drum mag (dual chamber thingies - is it called a C mag?)

As much as it is ludicrous it's quite nice. Best stay to the clones thread though, eh?

Darklite, cool to hear the JG Aug is good. I've always kind of wanted an Aug, but not enough to front TM money--maybe this will be a good one to be the first bullpup AEG I own.

Don't know why I need another AEG, but it would look good sitting next to the others...

...more US retailers need to pick up on the whole JG line!! I'm looking forward to the moment when e-bay retailers pick up on the new JG products and we start to see wholesale prices there as well.

Gerrysnaps, I'm usually pretty nonplussed by RIS'd out AR's, but you seem to have put a lot of thought into that one, and it came out very cool. The Phillipine made suppressor--do you mean that is homemade or do you have a domestic company manufacturing? If homemade, you did an excellent job.

Steve

That would look nice if you had spent unjustifiably large amounts of money on a full stock (silly I know) a proper bipod and drum mag (dual chamber thingies - is it called a C mag?)

As much as it is ludicrous it's quite nice. Best stay to the clones thread though, eh?

Thanks, I think!

Who needs a full stock when you can fit Lithium Ion batteries in the crane stock for monster ROF? :) The grip-pod is the owner's choice but I think it works just fine for him, as the A&K box mag sticks out on the wrong side for lefties so the vertical grip has to sit further forward (leaving no space for a bipod).

As ludicrous as it looks I fear we'll all be seeing a lot more of these configurations on the field soon. :D

Darklite, cool to hear the JG Aug is good.  I've always kind of wanted an Aug, but not enough to front TM money--maybe this will be a good one to be the first bullpup AEG I own.

Don't know why I need another AEG, but it would look good sitting next to the others...

...more US retailers need to pick up on the whole JG line!!  I'm looking forward to the moment when e-bay retailers pick up on the new JG products and we start to see wholesale prices there as well.

Gerrysnaps, I'm usually pretty nonplussed by RIS'd out AR's, but you seem to have put a lot of thought into that one, and it came out very cool.  The Phillipine made suppressor--do you mean that is homemade or do you have a domestic company manufacturing?  If homemade, you did an excellent job.

Steve

Thanks, Steve! I can't take credit for the suppressor. There's an excellent fabricator here that works out of a little hut (I kid you not) who churns out all styles of suppressors, from plain to Knights QD-ish to BHD style. They come in all size, fit 14mm CCW threads and are a fraction of the cost of a branded suppressor. It's not actually Quick-Detach but you get what you pay for.

Hold on to your seats gentlemen. I am selling my TM P90TR for a AGM M14. I need it for a NAM game soon. Plus I got to use one on Sunday and it was sweet. Query: Does the AGM have the wire backwards? Anything else I should know about it? Thanks.

Edited by evilliboba
My lovely JG mp5sd5.

Full of mp5 goodness.

PICT0008.jpg

And me full of terrorist goodness.

PICT0012.jpg

Viral.

Nice! No matter how many types of guns I look at I still come back to the MP5SD5. I just love the look of that gun. Where did you get yours and is it the newest version from JG? How do you like it and have you had any problems? Thanks!

Edited by Excel22

I got mine from airsoft scotland and its the newest model,It performs very well.The body is very well made with only very faint mold lines and doesn't creak at all.The gearbox is the same as the body being very well made and has very strong gears.The only gripe i've got is that its got a navy grip but i'm changing to a sef type sometime any way.

Viral.

Some updated pics of my crappy clone! (Said, fully tongue in cheek of course).

Recent updates:

Gemtech Halo Silencer

G&P SPR Hand Grip

ICS M4 Hand Guard Rail

G&P RAS colapsing vert grip

Not shown:

Madbull Shark Hop bucking kit (not installed, will install on tightbore)

Systema Teflon aluminum piston (on backorder, DOH!)

Some terrible cameraphone pix, these do NOT do this gun justice!

0314071242b.jpg

0314071243.jpg

0314071243a.jpg

Next on the list:

Tightbore barrel

Ammo (I am out! 4000 rounds gone...)

G&P Ambidextrous Mag Catch

6 Pack of MAG 90 round midcap mags

6 Pack of MAGPUL Magazine Pulls