Falkland Islands Loadout

Hi Murdoc,

Cheers mate. Well i cant take full credit. Sure its me thats in them & all my kit, but without HB's finishing touch they wouldn't be the same.

Yeah its the Norwegian army snow suit & Norwegian army snow gaiters, as seen in the reference pictures. The boots are the older style Swedish army Ski March boots which were a favourite of the Regiment at the time (as well as the SBS & RM148 Battery).

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo1nine´s idea was to have a sort of tribute that might look like the good old osprey illustrations. I truly liked the Idea. Based on "Bravo´s" excellent Impression pictures we achived hopefully a good result, that might also inspire others to get involved into "Falklands War Gear" - may be . ;)

Best HB

^ & theres the man himself! :) Yeah thats exactly the thinking behind it. As this year is obviously the 30th anniversary hopefully they'll inspire folk to get into Falklands era kit as theres not too much attention paid to it, which is a shame. Failing that, hopefully at the least folk will enjoy seeing the pictures.

@ Murdoc, no mate the snow suit is just a standard thin, cotton, two-piece deal. the fur hood is from a Parka im wearing under it. The Parka features in other impression pics ive done, that ill post soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived