Falkland Islands Loadout

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the only photo of mine Malvinas War book (Guerra Santa nas Malvinas) whose had a military BDU, the argentinean guy uses a Vietnam-era helmet

(sorry, i don't have a way to scan the page, unfortunally)

See ya! []'s

DMS combat high leg boots (which by the way are pretty bad) and period issue DPMs. Either OG gaiters or ankle length puttees. ECW hat or beret or helmet covered in scim, hessian, burlap etc.

Para smock or arctic ECW smock. To look a bit more "special forces" type take a look at the snugpak sasquatch.

OG wooly pully jumper and OG shirts.

58 webbing with a bit of custom bodgery. 2 poncho rolls - one above and one below the kidney pouches, or ditch the kidneys and have all waterbottle pouches. Cut the E tool pin off the back of the yoke. Bungee the back pouches together to stop pouch bounce.

If using a 5.56 try and get the m16 low slung pouches on a roll pin belt, or an OG chest rig without the QR clips. Get a civvy rucksack like the cyclops or the roc as the issue "large pack" is near useless. A trend at the time was to tape FFDs to the webbing belt at the front - use black electrical tape rather than the more modern OG "sniper/recce" tape.

Scrim nets were again the fashion up to fairly recently worn with the combat jacket neck open.

As for cam cream, the pictures ive seen show blackened faces but not really cammed.

I'll do this myself one day but in a more budget/practical way. I'd go for soldier 94 trousers, para smock and assault boots.

Well this was my "first" RM Falklands Loadout a year ago. ;)

Marine1982.jpgmarine1.jpg

original2.jpgoriginal2.jpg

...the two on the left were just DPM game outfits, but the 2 on the right are more or less variants of the Falklands RM drawing one can see above.

4xDPM.jpg

In the meantime I changed the lightweight trouser into an original heavycotton Patt 60 OD trouser and got a DPM Windproof Smock instead of the Smock in the Pics.

Its being put on in Maryland. In March I believe. I supposed to be big 150-250ish. Its basically a Falkland Islands Airsoft reenactment-ish. I went for the Filming Day for the Advertisement video there was a good turn out. The video should be up in a few weeks I believe.

Archived