Falkland Islands Loadout

Id love to show my dad this thread he,d laugh his *albartroth* off!

Anyway il dig through some old books and his photos and post them if i can, he was in 3Para(medic 5 airborne brigade 7th parachute field ambulance) on Mt Longdon got so pictures in a the daily express of him getting shelled seeing to a wounded private.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle was in 2para I think during the Falklands conflict, I have seen some photos somewhere of him, but I'm not sure where they are now :(

I had another uncle who served there as well, he operated the rapier missile system, but I don't know what company he served with.

if I dig those photos up i'll try and post them, but I wouldn't be to hopeful as it was a long time since i've seen them.

good luck with your event,

Joe

There is an international air show coming up in the Uk in the next month or so - If I remember correctly they are doing some anniversary or event that has some significance to the falklands - So I suspect that there will be a fair few reenactments - might be worth checking out :unsure:

25 years this year. You can't go near a military publication without seeing a Union Jack waving off a wireless antenna. (I cite 'National Flag and Aerial Monthly' as a good example).

I myself plan to pilot the last flying Vulcan into the former Airsoft Dynamics site; what a show. Bring your own Weesatch.

So all this effort I put into getting my Argentinian stuff together (Reaching into the US Viet stuff :rofl: ) and I find out the event is a reinvasion of the Falkland Islands by the Argentinians. As in modern day re-invasion. So anybody know what the argentinians are wearing these days?

Heres some pictures from "WAR IN THE FALKLANDS" book by the Sunday Express.

Sorry about the quality but i dont have a scanner just a K800i.

3PARA soldier

50cal.

The Medic on the left in this one is my dad, hes being shelled at this time whilst trying to save an enemy soldier(who was shot through the head and blinded, he sadly died later from his wounds) my dad was 20 years old at the time.

This thread has inspired me for my next way of wasting my money loadout. ;)

falkillus.jpg

Any idea what chest rig that's supposed to be? I know the illustration is semi fictional but I can't seem to find any Falklands era chest rigs. I'm guessing that, if the illustration isn't fictional, the chest rig is custom made or at least not issue kit.

Either way would be good to find a period chest rig for that authentic look as I really don't want to go near 58' webbing.

SafetyCatch, IIRC the picture is from a book on the SAS/SBS in action. The picture comes from a photo of the author who actually served in the SBS.

I borrowed the book from a mate but now he's moved away so I can't check this title (I thinks it's 'SAS Encyclopedia: History, Tactics, Weapons and Equipment')

I think the chest rig is an Arktis by the way.

Any idea what chest rig that's supposed to be? I know the illustration is semi fictional but I can't seem to find any Falklands era chest rigs. I'm guessing that, if the illustration isn't fictional, the chest rig is custom made or at least not issue kit.

Either way would be good to find a period chest rig for that authentic look as I really don't want to go near 58' webbing.

Just thought I'd bump my previous question. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be an Arktis rig as they started in '85, but thanks for the input. Any other ideas?

Isn't that the Pack Combat Light? I'm sure that was a piece of limited issue trial vest for use if the USSR attacked with chemical weapons.

Like I said before I know the picture is from a book, and that was actually a SBS member that actually used the chest rig as there was a photo of him next to it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. My 68 DPM and 58 webbing just got here. So, can someone please help me put the webbing together? :unsure: I can assemble PLCE, ALICE, WW2 US, M56 US, but for the life of me, I can't figure this out. It doesn't help that the kit is used, so the stencil of what each bit is is(?) illegible.

Archived