Airsoft Dynamics

As the title suggests i was wondering if anyone else is still trying to recover money from Airsoft Dynamics. I have been trying to recover money that was paid via a switch/maestro card over the past year with no success. In february i sent letters to airsoft dynamics and Paul jones but they were returned unopened. In march i contacted John Hayes at the insolvency office. I finally got a reply in april and was told that the assets had not been sorted yet and would have to wait.

A month later i was contacted and told i would have to contact Thimbley and Shoreland who were collecting the assets to find out if my guns could be recovered. I contacted thimbley and Shoreland in may and was told the assets had not been collected yet. I contacted them several times over the next few months and everytime i was told the assets had not been sorted yet. Finally in August they replyed to tell me that everything had been sold and that they looked for my items but didn`t see them.

I contacted John hayes at the insolvency office again and got a reply a month later saying that i could submit a claim in this case. It took several weeks for him to send the claim form which i filled in and sent back. I left it a while and then contacted him again to see what was happening only to be told that Airsoft Dynamics had practically no assets and it was unlikely that i would ever recover any money in this case but he would see if he could extend the bankrupcy to see if they could find any more assets.

So pretty much i have wasted my time trying to recover my money through the insolvency office. The only other thing i can think to do is to send paul jones another letter asking for my money and then when i most likely get another unopened letter then try to go through small claims court. I am not sure how it would work with it being a year later and the fact that i live in Northern ireland. Or if i can even recover my money due to the fact that airsoft dynamics went bankrupt and may not have any money.

Is there anyone else still trying to recover there money who has any other advise or anyone who has sucessfully recovered there money, or anyone else with any useful advise.

i dont think anyone has managed to get anything out of AD when they went bankrupt.

to be honest there isnt much we can do as you're not the only one with a loss here. although my loss is only a small, tiny amount when i ordered my scope mount from them, but i cant be bothered to chase that up.

some people have tried contacting that person in charge of AD and had no luck. there's another thread about this that's locked, but i'm sure you can find some info there too. or maybe PM some members to find out more/share info on this matter.

I know noone can actually get anything straight from AD at least not until there bankrupcy offially ends in feb. What i was asking was if anyone in the same position as me having paid via a switch card has sucessfully recovered any money and if so how.

I seem to be left with the option of trying to claim my money through small claims court so i was wondering if anyone has had any sucess doing this. The last thing i want is to start claiming through small claims court and end up out more money and still not recover anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost £70-odd. I'm not chasing it any more though. I've written it off.

Oddly enough, I usually buy stuff off the interweb with a credit card or through paypal which is hooked into my credit card.

However, for some reason, I made my purchase from AD using a debit card so the money is, unfortunately, long-gone.

FWIW, I actually placed my order in July 2005 and they gave me the runaround for about 4 months so I'd really already given up hope of ever receiving the items when I heard they'd gone to the wall.

I consider myself exceedingly lucky that I managed to get my gear out of them, before they went belly up (about three months before, iirc). Took a lot of screaming, shouting, rants, and threats of legal action, over the landline to do it, but they finally, over two months late, same day couriered it to me - even if the sodding courier went to the wrong address (the council, in its' wisdom, has two roads of the same name, in neighbouring postal districts - go figure, lol)! I shoulda seen the writing on the wall, I guess, at that time, but it never occurred to me that they'd go belly up - so much for my powers of observation!

Anyhow, sorry to hear of the tales of woe above. There should, IMHO, be a requirement that ALL Ltd businesses carry bankruptcy insurance, in order to cover this problem. It's available, just most appear to think it bad luck to invest in it - go figure :(

I almost lost £300.00 from them, when I ordered my G3 SAS and some bits just before Christmas.

Thankfully, I used a credit card, and got my money almost straight back.

It's a shame, because A.D. had a good website, and good service.

To the person or people still trying to get money; I would probably suggest legal action, through the small claims court. Fair enough, therre is only a slim chance that you'll recover the money, but that's better than no chance at all. You can't let them get away with taking that much cash!!

Ben.

• 5 weeks later...

Find a solicitor that offers a free consultation or contact your local CAB office for advice

But I think your on a loser mate, if its a claim against AD then even if you win your case there is still no money or assets to claim against as there bankrupt

But if somehow you can make it against an individual rather than the company then maybe its a different matter...............

Proper legal advice is the only way to be sure

Dave

• 1 month later...

Archived