Storage Solutions For Support Weapons

Yeager

Well, I know this is an Awkward topic thats not all that frequently asked or even questioned by your typical airsofter. But I feel as if I'm between a rock and a hard place here (no pun intended).

I'm trying to safely store an M-60E3 with very limited living space, and the original box is not an option at this point.

So far I've tried and failed with:

Storing it upright in a locked gunsafe

Storing it bipod out ontop of a footlocker w/ trigger lock

Storing it on its side in a padded guncase

Storing it on pegboard

I'm in need of a solution ASAP, if I can't figure out a way to store it I'll just end up selling something I've wanted ever since I started airsofting. And That ain't no good.

So, Please.. Support gunners everywhere I beg of you lend me your wisdom in my quest to effectively store and protect my investment!

I am not sure where you live or what you can do but I have put all mine in the loft. If you don't have access, try 2 ropes high in your room and suspend it in a hammock. You can get bolts that go into brick that support my weight so that won't be a problem.

Not sure if these are any good, but maybe they will spark some better ideas. Good luck.

Could you tell us what is wrong with the options you have tried? It might help us a bit..

I have my CA M249 mounted on shelf brackets on my wall, just turned upside down so I have somewhere safe to put it. I then added some one sticky sided padding so it doesnt fall off. I have it on there with box mag attached to the thing and it doesnt fall off.

Someone will suggest it soon, so let's me be first to offer the obvious ...

You can store it at my house.

I would, but your X thousand miles away. :P

I am not sure where you live or what you can do but I have put all mine in the loft. If you don't have access, try 2 ropes high in your room and suspend it in a hammock. You can get bolts that go into brick that support my weight so that won't be a problem.

Not sure if these are any good, but maybe they will spark some better ideas. Good luck.

Attic is full, Closet is all I have and its.. ugh full, 2 large gun safes, 2 medium safes, pegboard backed wall and 4 footlockers stacked ontop of each other. closets Approx 8 ft deep, and 8 ft high to the ceiling..

Could you tell us what is wrong with the options you have tried? It might help us a bit..

I have my CA M249 mounted on shelf brackets on my wall, just turned upside down so I have somewhere safe to put it. I then added some one sticky sided padding so it doesnt fall off. I have it on there with box mag attached to the thing and it doesnt fall off.

When it was in the gunsafe the slightest bump to the safe would send it falling into the wall inside, fortunately enough the M60 is mostly made out of metal so the only thing hurt was the thin sheet metal wall, Not even a scratch on this baby..

When it was on top of the footlocker it had a tendency to tilt on the bipod, at that height It would either maim me or end up in a thousand pieces on the floor if it fell. So that scared me enough to take it down.

When it was hanging on the pegboard it nearly tore out the slots in the board itself, not to mention it bent the hell out of my "stainless steel" hooks after about a week of hanging there. :huh:

When I tried to put it in a double gun padded case it just wouldn't fit, The lid just wouldn't close...

Right now its sitting in the floor on its bipod, like a 1200 dollar land mine. >.<

But thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll try the whole wall bracket thing out tommorow if I can find my spare mounting equipment. :)

Did you consider putting it in the gun safe in it's box? If it fits, then surely that Would keep it vaguely-upright?

Or, if all else fails, lean it diagonally across the inside of the gunsafe. Stops it falling over as it's, uh, already fallen over. Kinda.

Make yourself a crate and line it with foam to support the weapon in the right spots. I used to deliver weapon crates and they are just made out of strapping and filled with a straw like material. get some stencils and paint m249 machine gun on the lid and maybe property of US govrnment or something like that. If you want a clean look then plan on dropping a few hundred US on a pelican case.

Did you consider putting it in the gun safe in it's box? If it fits, then surely that Would keep it vaguely-upright?

Or, if all else fails, lean it diagonally across the inside of the gunsafe. Stops it falling over as it's, uh, already fallen over. Kinda.

The box was destroyed in shipping (thanks UPS), gun barely got here so sitting it in the box is not an option, and leaning.. hmm that could work..

Those are nice, its just a shame they dont sell to the public. :(

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'm going to try out a few of these and report back. ;)

hose are nice, its just a shame they dont sell to the public.

They sure do. My teammate has a couple of them.

A couple years ago, I was going to get one for my TOP M249 (PGC conversion), but since I had hard-mounted the box mag, it wouldn't work. Had talked to them about it, and they were even willing to do a custom case for me, but the price was pretty much beyond what I wanted to pay.

i think that you may need to rethink your total storage things first.

it sounds like a bit of a lash up with 4 different gun cabinents when you could ditch them and replace it with a single wooden wardrobe and put lots of shelves into it and lay all your guns down on there.

personaly i got aload of cheepy plastic poxes for kit mags etc and stack them up verticaly and ive also got a load of modular shelving units whcih i have 2 units wide (long enough for a KM head SVD) and i can go up to 8 high if i need to but at the mo they are 4 high. keeps everything on there fine adn the m60 bipod digs into the wood nicly (got the same gun)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I actually ended up buying a military wooden ammunition box to put it in. Just got to line it with foam now.

I'm also considering contacting that company about a custom pelican style case. But it can wait untill I get my next paycheck.

+1s all around!

Archived