"Marvel Essentials" paperback collections

Frontsight

Ive bought 6 of these cheap black and white collections of Marvelcomics. Ive got Ghost Rider vol 1, Punisher vol 1, Supervillian Teamup vol 1, Silver Surfer vol 1, Avengers vol 2 and X-men vol 1 wich im currently reading. I wish these books were in colour but the price would be higher to.

Do you members read these stuff to? Wich collections do you have?

(For those who dont have a clue what im talking about, i mean these books:)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-5...&Go.x=5&Go.y=13

I haven't read those yet (at least not in that format), I tend to read more of the ultimate line rather than the regular marvel universe stuff, but I've read a lot of the "what if..?" stuff and things like "Ruins" that don't happen in any specific continuity. I think I've read all of wolverine v3 thats been published so far but they might have a couple issues out that I haven't gotten round too yet.

As for DC ftw, I dunno , I've got a big pile of batman stuff here and the JLA story were superman went round passing out crimbo pressies to the heros and discuses Luthor being elected president got a couple chuckles (the idea that green lantern bums money off the flash, giving Batman a magnifier "from Lois") but the thing with most DC stuff is "where's superman?" whenever something threatens to wipe out the planet /kill millions why don't the other heros call for superman "Joker has a nuke set to go off in the centre of Gotham eh? well I can either use my bat graple to climb up the skyskraper fight through his minions then disarm it in the nick of time, or I can use my bat-phone to call Clark to come teabag the joker and fart the bomb to mars. I'd best get Climbing."

Marvel, especially ultimate continuity, just doesn't have anyone on his level, Thor is a god and can basicly hit things with a hammer and fly... whoopee Hulk could arguably be as powerful with regards to strength and invulverability as long as he got angry enough, but if that were to happen banner would lose what control he has as the hulk and cause more damage than whatever he was needed for. Captain America is Pretty much human.

Although, really what they should do is get a jet for Squirrel girl and just drop her on the threat for a laugh.

Archived