Almost done, just a few more pieces...

101matt1

After posting pics of my current loadout, I got a few more recommendations. I need some advice on:

-Knee-pads

-Duty/pistol belt

-EXTREMELY cheap holster (will put a springer in it for looks)

I would prefer Ebay for all, and would like new, but would take second hand. Any good recommendations?

I was also hinted to tuck my BDU's in, as it would look better. But on the tag it says "Do not tuck in BDU coat." Why is that?

And this is mainly aimed at Jagdraben, but anyone can answer it. Jag gave me a link to some Rainbow patches, but I accidentally deleted the message. What site makes those?

Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want an "EXTREMELY" cheap holster you don't have to look much further than the UTG belt holster. If you were in the UK I'd send you mine for a fiver. Its absolutely rubbish (difficult to get pistol out, mag pouch is too small, doesn't even fit medium frame pistols that well etc) but its dirt cheap.

Ah! That's it, thanks. :)

If you want an "EXTREMELY" cheap holster you don't have to look much further than the UTG belt holster. If you were in the UK I'd send you mine for a fiver. Its absolutely rubbish (difficult to get pistol out, mag pouch is too small, doesn't even fit medium frame pistols that well etc) but its dirt cheap.

Yeah, I need one to fit a Glock 17 effectively. It doesn't have to be one I can quickly get my gun, as this is only for looks. I guess a UTG would work...

Good deal?

(remove the dash on each side, copy, paste)

-http://cgi.ebay.com/Orig-Alta-Tactical-Knee-and-Elbow-Pads-COMBO_W0QQitemZ200064640683QQihZ010QQcategoryZ31681QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZ

ViewItem-

Yep, that's a good deal. I managed to score mine for $15 total, but I'd pay $30 for them.

Ok, so now the last thing: a belt.

I would like just a regular duty belt (no pistol mag pouches), preferably, a cheap(ish) one. And I have a question about the belts:

Do you put them through your BDU belt loops or your vest ones? I'm betting vest, but just wanted to make sure...

Vest loops.

Go to jungletoy.com. Most of their guns are rubish but they're a big supplier of Infinity Tactical gear. They sell a lot of tactical gear kits mainly SWAT style stuff.

;) Ah! Your infamous Infinity® gear! Will do, although, I would really prefer one off Ebay for an extremly cheap price. So basically, any brands? (if this falls through, I will get some infinities. )

EDit: One problem:

My vest loops are 3 inches below my waist...

Any ideas?

No, not the vest loops. Here's why: If you have to scrap your second line gear (vest), you want to keep your first line which is your pistol belt and holster etc. I put my belt through the belt loops on my 5.11 pants, and that works fine. Don't know if anyone wants to back me up on this, but that's what I've been told.

Hmm I'm selling an Infinity Dropleg actually if you want something really cheap but I suppose you should look for Leapers Tactical or UTG gear on eBay. Even look for Infinity...

You can't really ditch you second line when you're doing SWAT entries and you really don't need too. Talking with the Local SRT/SWAT teams they only people who keep the second and first lines seperate are the Marine SWAT unit. Lots of waterfront in Baltimore Maryland...

I'd suggest that you run it threw your vest loops as thats the reason they were designed. Dunno what you should do about the vest being so friggin' huge on you. I'm 6 foot 215lbs...

With cheap holsters like UTG, be prepared to tape your mags in or else you'll lose them for sure.

Unless you have double stackers in which case you will find it nigh on impossible to get them out. I had to open up the bottom of mine and stick in an extra bit of fabric to make the pouch long enough. Then the only reason I was ever able to get them out quickly was because 5.1 hi capa mags have huge mag bumpers.

I'm not totally sure why I went to so much trouble, considering that I have much more effective holsters anyway. :unsure:

Archived