BB paintballs and airsoft guns...

Howski

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give you the best advice ever... DON'T use paintball BBs in Electric or Gas weapons!!! They WILL knacker up. The best things to use for paintball BBs would be cheap springers. Anything else and it's your money down the pan.

(I know a friend who's done this and knackered his MP5 up with 'em!)

The ones I've seen my mates use have jam in. Mmmm, jam.... No, they're lousy. I see what rhino means though. In these throwaway days, a couple of mini-electrics for £7 each, and a bottle of paintball/jam BB's; at least half-an-hour of fun. I know I've been there :) You're going to spend £20 in a night at the pub right? So a tenner for some cruddy BB fun? I can think of worse ways to spend the afternoon. Just don't put them in your shiny new KSC M11 :P

Forgot to mention that quote was gladly nicked off Ade Edmondson's character Eddie Hitler off the BBC comedy "Bottom" (apart from the bit about the paintball BBs...)

Bottom is THE best program ever!!

I have always been told never to put paint BB's in any of my guns. Not that ive wanted to anyhow as thats not what airsoft is about is it! why dont you just go paintballing??

The bottom line is that Paint-BBs are expensive, they jam in AEGs and GBBs which necessitates thorough cleaning, they hold VERY little paint making them pretty useless markers, they are very inaccurate in flight, and they rarely break upon impact (unless you are shooting them at a solid object. In which case - what's the point?).

Recommendation - Stay away from Paintball BBs. If you really want the 'paint-splat' effect, you're better off playing Paintball. ;)

Thread pinned.

R22, i got some free paintballs with my springer G36 and they didn't cost much (which is probably worse!!!) Even though i was tempted to use them, i'm glad i didn't as my mate had bought a cheap MP5 variant off Ebay and they knackered that up within an hour.

Don't buy paintballs, and DEFINATELY don't buy CHEAP paintballs. If you want paintballs, then go to a paintball site.

Players yearning for better hit detection, please note:

-Even real .68 caliber paintball BBs do NOT break on every impact. Last time I played paintball, roughly every 5th hit didn´t break. If the BB hits some kind of soft spot (i.e. jacket armpit hanging loose), there´s a great possibility that it doesn´t break. So no visible hit marks.

-In paintball, in the end it´s really a matter of sportsmanship as much as in airsoft. I´ve played paintball few times with different groups (like army reservists) and I´ve encountered few freaks who just don´t take their hits, even with their full front torso painted in magenta/yellow... If you really want it, there´s always a way to cheat.

A mate of mine used some in a cheap gold Beretta of his once, he got about two magazines worth out of it before one split open in the chamber and pretty much wrecked the gun :(

Needless to say I've always steered well clear of these, and those exploding bb's too (I doubt they are even real bb's, they look more like those devil banger thingies to me, the ones that you throw on the floor and they make a little bang) If paint bb's are this bad just imagine what these exploding ones would do to your nice new AEG :(

I have no idea how long ago I saw it but I did read a review of one of the miniguns (and it wasn't the PPP one) where the reviewer tried out 6mm paintballs at the same time and painted the his garage wall in seconds.

I would guess that would be a gravity feed (similar to a paintball marker really)...

So they might be great if you want to make a hideous mess at short range in a gravity fed weapon (TOP M60?) but beyond that...

Archived