airsoft virgin paintball vet

hobbo

hello people, a few of my mates and i have been pondering about having a go at this airsoft malarki and have wondered what the main differences are between p-balling and airsoft. we have seen internet sites on the subject which don't really explain a lot about the sport. we all live in the stoke or n/castle area and are going to pop up to your Burslem site in the near future to let loose (so to speak) but could do with a bit of info before hand. so if you would be so kind to let me now a bit more about it i would be very grateful. :rules:

Heya!

Im the rep here on Arnie's for Unreal Airsoft in Burslem, the site you mentioned. In my sig there is a link to our new promo video, and we have a subforum right here on Arnies. In there are some pics, and some more videos:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p?showforum=112

We also have an official site forum here:

http://webringamerica.com/4/UnrealAirsoft/...edefd81fe481382

If you want to book for a game, you can either post there, in the thread for that month's gaming on the first link I posted, or you can PM me and let me know. Please let us know if you need hire guns, or if you are bringing friends along.

Please feel free to message me here, or add me to MSN (my addy is in my profile) if you wish to know more about the site.

Welcome to Airsoft!

There's only one thing, in my opinion, that p##ntball can offer that Airsoft can't, and that's the satisfaction of seeing the 'splat' of a bursting ball on your target. :P

Everything else, the weapons (the vast variety and realism) the cost (how much would 6000 paintballs cost you? Now check out the price of BBs :o ) the natural looking sites (not covered in putrid faded paint and littered with broken ball-shells ;) ) the range and fairly consistent accuracy, full auto of 15-20 rounds per second when it's needed, the convenience of battery power (no big gas bottles), you can mess around at home, in your home, garden, workshop, garage, etc (try that with paintballs :blink::D ) etc, etc.

I'm not anti-paintball (the p##ntball thing is just tongue-in-cheek ;) ), I've done a fair bit in my time, it's just that for me, I find Airsoft so much better in every respect.

to me i think the main difference is that paintball is seen very much as a sport, but airsoft, though we do call it a sport is far more about 'the suspension of belief'.. about getting in the mind set of a real combat situation, whilst knowing at te same time that your not killing anyone, or risking getting killed yourself..

this sums it up pretty well really..

stick guns

cheers!

btw, once you start you'll never want to do anything else :P

Archived