Need A New Motor...

Noodle_2000

Hello Everyone,

Well, I've experienced slow fire-rate in my Sr-16. So I talked to a technition. He said that there should be a problem with either the motor; or the battery not being properly charged. He said that my motor is about to burn out. Well, I know for sure that it isn't the battery. So I need some help deciding on a new motor. Currently I'm running on the Stock TM EG1000, on a Stock Gearbox.

Now what motor should I get? I kinda don't want to spend too much too. I was looking around and saw this...

Motor_GP561_lg.gif

Is it better than the Stock TM Motor? What should I get that is within a decent price range?

Thanks guys.

Gary B.

This technician, you say you talked to him about it, did he actually check the gun/motor, or just give the advise on the strength of the problem as you described it?

May be worth getting a second opinion before forking out for a new motor.

The stock motor would be the best option for a stock gun.

It's tried and tested and you won't see many, if any, posts referring to problems with them.

I certainly haven't seen any.

Get the gun checked out, if you can't do it yourself.

How old it is and how much use it's had will determine how it performs.

Did it lose ROF suddenly or over time?

Has it been dropped/knocked/got wet/dirty?

It may just need a good service, strip and clean, shim and lube, etc.

You say you're sure it's not the battery?

Is it new? has it been overcharged, not discharged before charging.

There's so many things that could cause the problem.

The Gun itself has just been Checked by Airsoft Atlanta and Carolina Airsoft. It had some parts replaced around the summer. It does look like it has lost it's power a bit over time. I have never abused my guns, except for the UTG's ^_^. I'll probably open the gearbox soon, so that I can re-grease it and such. But yes, I did purchase a new battery from Evike about 2 weeks ago. Which has always been discharged and re-charged.

Thanks, I'll look more deeply into the issue.

Gary B.

Is the problem just a slow ROF or is the power down as well?

Your first post says

slow fire-rate

in the last one you mention

it has lost it's power a bit over time

If it's both ROF and power (fps) that are down it would point towards a problem with the piston, maybe needing a good lubing.

Try squirting a generous amount of silicone into the cylinder through the nozzle, then firing it for a few seconds in auto, repeat a few times and see if there's any difference.

Hmm... I came acorss something. The wire thats in the gearbox, goes around the bottom part of the gearbox to the back. Well it's slightly cut, due to the motor cutting it... possibly this could be my wire issue?

Gary B.

If the bare wire touched another metal part on the gun, then it may very well be that your wiring is shorted out.

You could try cleaning the motor. As they are basically the same as the older R/C car motors then there are products out there you can use to clean the motor.

Personally (and I don't say this is the best or only way) is a good hefty spray of WD 40, Duck Oil or Electrolube.

Do this over some kitchen towel and you will be appalled at the ###### that comes out.

Some decent oil on the bearings, and it should be OK for a few '0000 bb's.

I've had stock motors in hire guns that have outlived a couple of hundred thousand rounds, and a very few that managed only around 50,000.

You could try cleaning the motor. As they are basically the same as the older R/C car motors then there are products out there you can use to clean the motor.

Personally (and I don't say this is the best or only way)  is a good hefty spray of WD 40, Duck Oil or Electrolube.

Do this over some kitchen towel and you will be appalled at the ###### that comes out.

Some decent oil on the bearings, and it should be OK for a few '0000 bb's.

I've had stock motors in hire guns that have outlived a couple of hundred thousand rounds, and a very few that managed only around 50,000.

Except don't use WD40. It will basically eat away the plastic surrounding the motor. WD40 and airsoft is a big no-no :waggle:

Actually when you put the motor inside the grip, how do you know that has been seated properly?

With most there is a ajustment screw, when correctly aligned the motor will no longer make a high pitch squeal.

There are many ways to do the same thing, some people strip the piston out and just leave the gears in whle ajusting the motor so as not to load it and possible cause problems.

Wind the adjuster screw in slowly until you feel a slight resistance. Back it out 1/2 a turn and fire a few shots. It should spin over nicely with no unusual noises (you know how an AEG should sound?) wind it in 1/8 turn and try again. Repeat. At some point it'll start to run slower and sound 'whiney', when it does, back it out a 1/4 turn and leave it there.

Archived