Half Life 2 release delayed indefiently.

Foxtrot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally thought far cry sucked. As I said, Personally.

The graphics were really pixily (note: P4 1.9 with a gig of ram, Geforce FX5900 Pro. Not a crappy system by a bit.)

The story line blew big time, I mean... we all knew doom 3's, but it's a bit more... interesting. Oh no, wild apes :| yay.

Played it, beat it, totally forgot about it, Plus the multiplayer sucked.

In all honesty, COD was a better game. At least I went through and beat it on all levels of hardness.

HALO is a good game, beat it on veteran and kinda stopped playing it though because... I've become addicted to final fantasy 9 again :blink:

I'm with Foxtrot as far as Far Cry goes. It was shiny and pretty and made you hide in the bushes, but a bit light in the brain, so light I barely remember it at all, even though I bought it a few months ago and it sits directly in front of me every time I sit at the computer.

*cancels order for HL2*

It's a farce, forget it.

Its true, im done with Valve, Sierra, VUG, Gordon Freeman and the whole *beep* franchise, i knew it would happen. I swore that after it got put back the last time they had one more chance in my books and that was that, theyve lost my money. (till it goes into the budget rack ;))

Forgive me, but I'm having my first age crisis :) Atm, I'm in my early twenties; I still talk about things I did when I was 18, and pretend that life will keep on going this way. Soon, I'll be mid-twenties, then eventually the word 'Thirty' will begin rearing it's head. Please, make it stop!

Have you all seen the various HL2 vids about? If you got CS:CZ, there'll be a load on the disc. It made me laugh my head off.

I did a 20 minute rant about crowbars in HL to a mate once, and how silly it was that you start the game with one. Then, every other vid of HL2 I watched, Gordon wielded a crowbar :) Also, the McGuyver way that you can shoot a barrel, which will burn a rope, which will cause a girder to swing down and kill a load of baddies... My sides...still...ache...

I think PCG was printing when the story broke and couldn't change anything.

Gameplay have the release date as 26th Nov. Vivendi say they have the final version and are checking it.

The court date is March next year, so it may not be legally allowed to be released until after the court decides one way or the other

Exactly.

Legally theres no way that Valve can release the game via steam, and there no way venidadi can release it via cd.

So, we'll see. Either way, the gamers are screwed. I'll be surprised if we see this game before July of 2005.

Also, about the Exclusive review - thats why valve is getting sued. They released a few copies of the beta/review one to people, and not via vendaidi, but via steam instead, and they're getting sued over it because Vendaidi has the exclusive rights to distrubution, but Valve is going to fight that.

So who knows, I don't.

Cheers

Fox

Archived