Marushin XM177E2 Plug-Fire Review

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not 100% on the kit version myself, but that's only because I haven't owned one.

Glad you liked the review by the way :)

I am happy with my Factory version, but it has required some work to get it running well, and even now, it has it's off-days.

The kit should be fine though, as most kits are new models. They also have a lighter weight bolt which will slightly decrease the recoil, but will most likely increase the reliability (less overall power required to actuate the mechanism).

I'm pretty sure that ModelGunCollector has the kit version, so it might be worth giving them a shout and asking their opinion on it. I have found them to be pretty trustworthy guys who know their stuff.

Hope that helps ;)

R22- if you had the choice of another pfc or an airsoft gun, which would it be?

Im after an armalite but i cant decide whether to get a marushin m16a1 or a 6mm airsoft. Suppose you cant hit anything with a pfc....

It depends on what I was doing. As it is a couple of months before AG05 and I have no filming requirements at the moment, I would go for an Airsoft gun. If I was maiking a film however, it would be another PFC gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Additional info:

I am now looking to sell the gun in this review. I have somebody interested in it at £450 including all of the kit listed in the review (except a few less caps than numbered), but am open to offers. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me to keep this thread clean. ;)

Cheers all ;)

• 4 weeks later...

r22master, the review of the xm177e2 was done very well, and has made me more interested in buying either the assembled kit or factory version of the model gun, not too sure why you chose 'mgcollector' though, why didnt you buy from 'modelguns', its the same price and if you wanted accessories, they have them on view on the same page...

One thing i was unsure about, not really important but did make me wonder is when you said that you gave the gun to your ex-sas mate who was used to the sa80 rifle. that surprised me, because i thought they often chose from the cream of weapons they had, and preferred the m16 over the sa80.

Anyway, great review, its featured on the mgcollector website as "Independent Review".

Oh cool, didn't notice they had linked to my review :D

Thanks for your comments on the review - it's much appreciated.

I chose MGCollector because they were the fastest to reply (ModelGuns took ages) and they gave me a great level of customer care.

It is more of a rumor than fact that SAS troopers can just choose any weapon they want. In fact they do have somewhat more choice than other regiments, but it is usually done on a mission basis. Any trooper cannot just pick his favorite gun any time he wants, rather weapons are chosen based on the work that is being undertaken. My friend hadn't personally used an M16/M4 style rifle that much before, but then that sort of experience would be dependant on the work he had done while in the regiment ;)

Also, if you're interested in getting the PFC XM177e2, mine is for sale (the one in the review). PM me for details :)

• 2 weeks later...
Oh cool, didn't notice they had linked to my review :D

Thanks for your comments on the review - it's much appreciated.

I chose MGCollector because they were the fastest to reply (ModelGuns took ages) and they gave me a great level of customer care.

It is more of a rumor than fact that SAS troopers can just choose any weapon they want.  In fact they do have somewhat more choice than other regiments, but it is usually done on a mission basis.  Any trooper cannot just pick his favorite gun any time he wants, rather weapons are chosen based on the work that is being undertaken.  My friend hadn't personally used an M16/M4 style rifle that much before, but then that sort of experience would be dependant on the work he had done while in the regiment ;)

Also, if you're interested in getting the PFC XM177e2, mine is for sale (the one in the review).  PM me for details :)

Well, there's probably two main reasons why im not really that interested at the moment.

Firstly, i havent got anywhere near the probable asking price and secondly i would prefer to get the assembled kit, as i dont want a high maintenance piece and end up cleaning it everyday. but thanks for asking.....

Out of interest - why are you selling?

have a good one....

No probs. I'm selling because I want to get more ModelGuns basically. I'd love to try out some of the pistols, but I don't have the money at the moment.

It is worth noting that this gun IS a factory assembled kit, it wasn't one that needed assembly. Most ModelGuns are pretty high maintenance until someone invents a 100% clean burning cap. They are worth it though ;)

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You just need to keep it clean. Clean it and it will work fine. Clean the shells, and clean the chamber, and most importantly clean the firing pin (the rod in the chamber) as if they gunk up with debris then the gun will fail to function. Also be careful for spent shells. They dont make the loudest bang in the world, which means you can fire them safely and indoors. They do however, really fling those cases, so if you are not careful you will end up with dents and chips in walls and even ceilings. That broken part should also be fairly easy to replace I would imagine. You might want to try a guy called Francky, I am sure you will be able to find him, he is very helpfull for parts. Last time I heard you should find him here, http://franckys-modelgun.com/ but it has been a few years scince I last had contact.

Prices are Yen. Bought some stuff from franky couple years back. Seems that the website is still active so your good to go.

Problem with these PFCs is that they eat themselves out faster than crappiest gbbs..Monkey metal or worse just metal powdered plastic on key parts...

Yeah, that's what I understand. At the moment, I'm cobbling together a small arsenal for an indie film I want to put together. The idea is to use the pfc guns for prominent bits with some (very mild) CG enhancement since they don't have very prominent muzzle flashes and then use tiny flash powder charges in air soft type guns with reinforced steel barrels. I don't want the project to fall into the indie film trap of having an orgy of obvious CG gun blasts and explosions.

I was thinking of mixing front firing blank revolvers and pfc 9mm-look pistols but I'm going pfc all the way for safety sake. I dropped a couple of emails to Franky and I'll be getting a .357 in the near future