ConvertingRealcaps

The guide is excellent, but there is a much easier way of accomplishing the same thing.

1. Remove the spring from the magazine.

2. Load 38 BB's into the magazine.

3. Re-insert the spring on top of the BB's.

Apart from being a very easy way to limit the amount of BB's, it makes the magazine feed extremely well.

The guide is excellent, but there is a much easier way of accomplishing the same thing.

1. Remove the spring from the magazine.

2. Load 38 BB's into the magazine.

3. Re-insert the spring on top of the BB's.

Apart from being a very easy way to limit the amount of BB's, it makes the magazine feed extremely well.

Thanks for your kind words, and your BB trick is a cool idea! :)

My experiences with completely dissasembling the inner mag and taking out and putting back the spring have not been real fun tho... I think it is easier just to sink the screw. :D

-WMH

I have to admit, it's not my idea. I got it from a member in my team as a way to convert a G&P 130 round midcap into a standard 68 round magazine. I know many who have done it, and they all describe it as an easy mod, but maybe it's easier to do this with a midcap than it is with a standard magazine? I will try to convert a 68 round magazine to 30 round capacity this way and get back to you with the results.

Cheers

I have to admit, it's not my idea. I got it from a member in my team as a way to convert a G&P 130 round midcap into a standard 68 round magazine. I know many who have done it, and they all describe it as an easy mod, but maybe it's easier to do this with a midcap than it is with a standard magazine? I will try to convert a 68 round magazine to 30 round capacity this way and get back to you with the results.

Cheers

Yes, the G&P mid-cap is a totally different design. It has a small hatch which the spring loads into -- much easier to take the spring in and out.

-WMH

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Our team has been converting our TM M4 standards to 30rds, using the bbs before the spring method, for about a year and a half now - in fact its actually a requirement for our guys.

For those interested, it's easiest to take the mag all the way apart, place the 38 bbs and lay in the spring guide and spring in the one side - leaving the spring sticking out the top. Next put in place the opposite side, tighten all but the top two screws. Next use a screw driver as a guide to compress the spring down to the hole where the bbs come out, slip that black bb pusher back on the spring and into the hole. Finally, tighten the last two screws....My instructions may not be very clear and/or it might sound difficult but its really not bad, especially after you've done 12+ mags!

Our team also adds just enough lead stick on weights to the interior of the mags to replicate the 1lb. of a loaded real steel 30rd M4 mag - also a requirement for us. Get in contact with us if anyone is interested on more details on that or any of our other SOPs regarding increased realism.

Thanks guys - and keep up the great work!

Graham

CO, ESOG

EAG Combat Simulations

Our team has been converting our TM M4 standards to 30rds, using the bbs before the spring method, for about a year and a half now - in fact its actually a requirement for our guys. 

Well, I hope that you'll consider letting your team members use the method in my article with the screw mod, and not have to dissasemble the inner mag -- so much easier! :D

-WMH

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Please post your comments about WMH's Converting Low-Cap Tokyo Marui AEG Magazines to Real Capacity project. Thanks guys.

Man i literally just tried this in my dad workshop, its F****** amazing man. thanks a lot. i have like 3 low-caps and changed them into real-caps it awsome. Although on my first one i did get 30 bbs, it was lucky cos u have to estimate from ure photo;'s but cheers

HAZ