Krylon Camo Paints

HaVoC

I want to make a REALLY good job if my M15 now, so I want to find some Krylon Camo paints. Problem is, I'm in the UK. Sucks to be me... :rolleyes:

So, has anyone in the UK been able to source Krylon paint, and if so, where from?

Did you search on wannabe H_M? Apparently there's a shop in Tottenham Court Road that sells a boxed set of them (a set being various greens, browns and tans). You might be able to source some from somebody on there.

(I thought the thread title was 'Krylon Pants'; how I laughed :D)

Solution Zero, are you in the UK?

If you are, and you have a can (each) of Olive Drab and Brown/Medium Brown (preferably Brown) that you can spare, I'll take them off you (just a can of each).

How much would you want for them?

If you're not in the UK then ignore that :P

Krylon pants?? :huh:

Must be something I'm not aware of about the UK...

What kind of a country do you live in that doesn't sell Krylon paint?? Don't you people inadvertantly get high or something?? *remembers shop class from HS*

Wouldn't other types of spray paint work?? I mean the fumes smell the same and all and you get just as high... ;)

Actually I think i am going to london next week, do you have the address of the shop. If I am able to buy some then I can ship some to you...

I will have to use parcel force thou if I manage to get some to mail you...

but I will have to add £10 on top of postage and the paint's price :rolleyes:

pm me if you are interested

S'alright, I was directed in the way of a website, in the UK, which I believe belongs to the same people as the shop I was going to request (rather cheekily) that one of you visit :P

They do the Krylon camo paints for £5 a can, although you must order at least £15 worth of stuff. I've got an order in for Medium Brown, OD and Black now though, so no need to worry :)

In case anyone else is interested, the address is:

http://www.dp-mhi.com

Asked on Wannabe, the answer was no :(

It arrived today anyway - I paid £3 for Recorded Delivery, and it turned up by SD Next Day :D

The box was so well wrapped in tape that it took me 15 minutes to get into it (no joke), and there was enough bubble wrap inside to wrap up a small child.

I'd buy from them again :)

One hint - if you want to do a woodland scheme with brown in, go for Brown as opposed to Medium Brown - I got Medium Brown and it's a bit too light for my liking.

nice site btw...

I might get a handful of sprays soon... if I think I can afford it...

Hey HaVoC_MaN

do you want to comment on your purchase?

i.e. does the paint dry quickly and is the colour a good DPM thing? etc etc...

maybe you can do a review :)

No review, but I'll say a few things.

1 - It dries VERY quickly. The can says it's touch-dry in 30 mins, but in reality it's closer to 5-10 mins. Be careful, though, as I left a few finger marks on it at first due to cockyness.

2 - It's FULLY DRY in 3 hours (according to the can, so it's actually probably quicker than that). It'd be possible to wake up, see that it's snowing, paint your green gun in white, and then take it to a skirmish and use it within about an hour. :D

3 - The cans are BIG, and I mean that. They drawf my Tamiya model sprays.

4 - Not sure about DPM, but on the back of the can it mentions US Woodland pattern. It says to apply these, in this order:

- Khaki

- Olive Drab

- Brown

- Black

If you want a neat pattern you'll have to mask it, though.

5 - It hurts. My finger is still numb now (2 days later), as the button on the can seems so bloody hard to push down.

6 - Make sure you have some white spirit handy to remove it from your hands... ;)

7 - Try to keep the area ventilated, as it absolutely reeks, but try to avoid fans or open windows with wind blowing through them. Half of the paint dries in the air, and gets blown, coating everything nearby in a thin layer of black powder.

8 - Use about 4 layers of newspaper, and don't do it on the kitchen table (at least not if you cherish your kitchen table). I speak from experience here...it seems to go through newspaper quite well.

Archived