Krylon Camo Paints

HaVoC

ventilation... what's the fun in that?? mmmmm.... fumes.... :D

bah, what airsofter wouldn't want OD, brown, khaki, and black paint on their kitchen table??

It's been my experience that masking tape and paint usually don't work too well, ruined many an art project back in the day with that assumption :rolleyes:

It's them childproof cans I tell ya, they always foiled my attempts when I was a young'un, and now they hurt havoc's finger... :angry:

And as a piece of advice to all aspiring spray painters/aerosol lovers, that little arrow on the top of the button is a miracle worker, tells you where to point it (and where not to), not that I've ever had any problems, never ;)

I've got Khaki, OD, Brown and Black on their way to me (hopefully) as we speak - though it occured to me after placing the order that I should have picked up one of the high visibility ones as well (Dynatech grenades are easy to lose sight of in the leaf litter).

However, I've just just had a thought... Do Krylons have any adverse reactions to Superglue? (as I'm painting the frame of my P14.45 first I can't use conventional methods to hold the beavertail or the frame and still get complete coverage so I was planning to superglue a paperclip to the inside of the magwell and to the machined edge of the beaver tail to hold them. Of course if Krylon will dissolve to cynack I'm going to find the parts picking up all of the detritus from the bottom of my spray booth).

Kyrlon paint will not affect C glue but I suggest a different method of holding stuff on.

This paint is ok if you really want a great paint check with your local bodyshop they can point you in the right dirrection for great paint. This stuff wears off to easily and will only look bad after a game of uses espically on a pistol frame.

Kyrlon paint will not affect C glue but I suggest a different method of holding stuff on.

This paint is ok if you really want a great paint check with your local bodyshop they can point you in the right dirrection for great paint. This stuff wears off to easily and will only look bad after a game of uses espically on a pistol frame.

I dont know what your talking about but krylon paints are tough. It also help applying it correctly, just slapping paint on isn't going to help either. I have it on both my M15a4,M24 and my M9 and it holds its own very well. Besides once the paint does chip away it give the gun that awsome worn look, almost as if it has gone through a good year long tour. I dont know about you but i dont want my gun looking perfect, almost exactly like a toy that never gets used, i want the worn tough look.

just ordered 3 (khaki, olive and black). should be here by friday, and painting over the weekend. Ive done some green stripes with some manky can from focus/ do it all, but it sorta seemed to pool and leave small gaps, so i'll use that as a guide/ base coat.

picked em up from the post office as i was asleep yesterday when they arrived. Got em home, open them up and started. i had done a under coat of leafy green strips, but they had looked minging, so i did a whole undercoat of khaki, then did olive strips and black strips. Very easy to use, and gives good colour. I then just did odd bits of colour were i though i needed em. I had soooo much paint left over (bout 90%) after doing the reciver and front end of a m15, i did the stock, grip, carry handle, and silencer all at once. will post pics when its dried and reassembled.

Trust me, there's no chance of that on a decent receiver. The coats of paint are (well, should be) so light that you won't get 'blobs of paint' anyway.

By the way, I can also attest to Krylon's coverage of bare metal. I've just cut down my M15 carry handle into a BUIS, and after 3 coats, the bare metal was covered in a lovely smooth coat of black.

Archived