Who is winning the clone war!?

NegativeCambre

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have experience with a UTG MP5, and it ain´t that great.

A portion of the problems are my own fault, and I planning on a major overhaul soon to fix most of them.

However, one persistent error is feeding issues. Its driving me crazy, because it only happens sometimes. It feeds fine with some of my MAG midcaps, and craps out with others. If anyone knows what is making this happen, I might just have a shiny +1 for them.

the mars shoots 100 fps less and dosent have the internal "frame" in the stock.

"

The MK96 has been in secret development by UTG for nearly a year and has just recently been unveiled as the next UTG bolt action sniper rifle."

hmmmm

is this the reastion why no one has "claimed" to be the manufaturer of the warrior? was it a "secret" UTG project and the warrior was there "test" befor branding it a UTG

<_< ya...right :flamed:

edit , darn, darklite beat me.

For those of you wanting reviews of recent cheapsoft guns there is a good thread on ascuk about it.

The AGM m14 seems to be highly regarded by those that have them with reports of the wood effect being better than that of TM and they seem to shoot better/the same as TM out of the box too.

Obviously though I guess it's down to personal preference when it comes to these guns.

Some expect it to be a flawless copy but so long as you can accept that the body's are often not as good as their more expensive brand named counterparts and that you may once in a while have to take it to bits to get it working right again then they are pretty good value for money.

I myself have an AGM XM8 sat here along side my TM spetz. Body wise the TM wins hands down in terms of visual quality however the AGM seems to be internally sound and fires pretty darned well.

The other thing to consider with these clones is a lot of them are also wired the wrong way round so if you want to put a battery you already own in it's highly probable that you will have to reverse the connections to the motor wires. Some people however have not had this issue.

So where did they copy a ridiculous takedown system where you have to take the gearbox out with the upper receiver from?  :P

lol, they proably decided to try their own idea. "We are ready to make our own design!"... "It will be Brilliant!" Then they failed and crapped out on the idea and just started copying again... but I'm not sure.

Gary B.

the saying "you get what you pay for" still holds true.

I have a CYMA028 and compared to my Mate's TM AK, it still looks and feels cheap. They shoot about the same, but I've had to disassemble my gearbox twice just to keep it going (had an odd lockup issue, I never found anything wrong and it worked after reassembly then stopped again after a week or so)  while hers hasn't had a hickup since she got it at about the same time (couple months now) sure she put out 100+ more than I did, but hers will always shoot while I have to HOPE mine will :P Our usage is just range shooting ant the ocasional backyard shootout (she is evil with that AK) so it's not like mine gets that abused. we use the same .02 bio BB.s and I keep both guns lubed and clean.

I assume that you were firing on full auto when it locked up. I think that your problem is the battery that comes with it. I have one that has the same problem and if you hook the batttery directly up to the motor (just stick wires in the connector and touch them to the motor) it will cycle and you'll be fine.

I'm pretty sure that the problem is that when you stop firing on full auto the piston is almost all the way back, and when you try to start firing again the battery is bad enough that it doesn't get enough juice.

I would say the PRC made AEGs are slowly surpassing what Japan and Korean manufacturers can do. Still the majority of the innovation is still coming from Japan, but a few companies are starting to take R&D into their own hands. QC again is an issue though I can see it being slowly improving.

ROC made AEGs, while still being pretty good with their own unique R&D, need to tighten their overall QC on certain parts that attribute to serious malfunctions.

I would say the PRC made AEGs are slowly surpassing what Japan and Korean manufacturers can do.  Still the majority of the innovation is still coming from Japan, but a few companies are starting to take R&D into their own hands.  QC again is an issue though I can see it being slowly improving.

ROC made AEGs, while still being pretty good with their own unique R&D, need to tighten their overall QC on certain parts that attribute to serious malfunctions.

Who is PRC and ROC? I have heard of SRC.

May I ask who are the Korean manufacturers?

Thanks

They don't teach the kids as much as they did in my day...But to answer the questions :)

PRC is the People's republic of China, or the "current" China, Its government often mistakenly labeled "communists" but really a cleverly disguised cross spectrum political institution with a closed member's only "voting system" between internal factions and representatives. Rest of the indigenous "Han" Chinese population don't care enough about their voice or their rights so long as they are allowed to make money. Money talks there.

ROC is the Republic of China - Or Taiwan, often considered the legitimate and "democratic" China in the past, the governing party didn't allow other political parties to form till the early 90's. The country was formed from oust government escapees of a large scale peasant revolt on the then nationalist government in power at the time (1910-1948) because they were perceived to be a corrupt and elitist government.

Politics aside...

There are slight/varying cultural differences between the two populations in the two "China"s, leading to various innovations and QC advances in AEG technology.

Im really looking forward to the UMP coming out, so that I can eventually get into some CQB games without spending loads. w00  :P

Oh btw, I have only seen a few sneak-peeks of the UMP any idea who is making it and how much money it will cost?

Cheers,

Will

AGM/DE are making the UMP - metal gearbox, copy of the G&G.

lol, they proably decided to try their own idea. "We are ready to make our own design!"... "It will be Brilliant!" Then they failed and crapped out on the idea and just started copying again... but I'm not sure.

Gary B.

What you mean of course is, Leapers says "Hmm, this new Chinese clone of the Maruzen L96 is rediculously popular. Let's buy some, put them in new boxes with one of our scopes, a bipod and maybe an extra mag, spray it OD and charge a big markup, but claim it's our own product. Then we get lots of money."

I have to say I have been eyeing the MP5k and also following the UMP developments. I don't have any AEG SMG's yet (just my maruzen MP5k, and that's more of a plinking toy then a true skirmish tool!), and maybe one of those will fit the bill and be a fun project to boot. The UMP wouldn't upset my sensibilities either, since it doesn't seem like either the STAR or the G&G UMP are hugely lauded.

Steve

Archived