Who is winning the clone war!?

NegativeCambre

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure it (Galaxy MP5K) has a tightbore barrel too but do not have any digital calipers to check

same here. i've had a bb stuck in one of my galaxies -- the only time, ever, this has happened to me (over a dozen clones and half a dozen pistols and even when using, sometimes, during initial testing at the store, the trash bbs that come with the boxes). tried the bb prod and it wouldn't go in although the ksc mk23 prod worked, but then that has a loose fit while the galaxy plastic prod is oversize.

if this is so, then galaxy cloned the TM tb for the MP5K PDW. (it says so in the TM manual but i guess not too many people read or notice that ;)) and my rating for the galaxy mp5K pdw would go from 8.5/10 to 9.5/10 -- minus .5 for the bad metal part painting ;)

steve: sorry for this very late reply, i just got back to this thread today. my BE AUG mil has an aluminum barrel. what surprises me is the bit about the plastic (?) inner barrel. never happened, afaik, with 2nd or 3rd gen clones, only with the 1st gen boys gbox ones. if this was so for some units in the US, someone, maybe, is ripping people off? :huh:

cire: stock out of the box! average is 330-340. and the cylinder is type 4 so you'll have to change to type 2 or type 3 if you lengthen the inner barrel. accurate enough for cqb, imo.

Is that unmodded? And where did you buy it from? Maybe I should skip the silencer and ~240mm tightbore upgrade.

Yes it is pushing out 345fps out of the box - I've done nothing except clean the barrel. I bought mine from http://www.rsov.com. In my opinion there is no better place to buy from at the moment - Keith who runs RSOV is a top bloke and his customer service is amazing even though he is several thousand miles away!!

my rating for the galaxy mp5K pdw would go from 8.5/10 to 9.5/10 -- minus .5 for the bad metal part painting

Ha ha - its so true. That metal is the only thing that slightly spoils this gun - but its bearable.

So in everyones opinion the Galaxy MP5K-PDW is a good gun?

Its a very good gun. We compared one side by side with a TM and the only real visual difference was the ###### paint on the metal of the Galaxy. The Galaxy has metal bushings (I'm sure someone posted they are 7mm) and we're pretty certain a tightbore barrel.

JG wins the quality of all clones...

Overall yes I have to agree although there are a few others that are pretty special too - the Galaxy MP5K and the AGM MP40 (beautifully made!) spring to mind

with the jg s system clocking 420. those lusting after Ks may want to wait for jg's version. am very happy with my galaxies but 1.5J+ K with a trap silencer would be good for field use, no? ;) (cylinder changed to type 2 or 3 if need be :)

sir jojo: getting back to arnies, i see. nice to have you back :D

with the jg s system clocking 420. those lusting after Ks may want to wait for jg's version. am very happy with my galaxies but 1.5J+ K with a trap silencer would be good for field use, no? ;) (cylinder changed to type 2 or 3 if need be  :)

I have a JG G36 showing up tomorrow via UPS and I'm pleased to see JG is getting painted so well in this thread--I've read a few reviews for the G36, and it sounds really pretty outstanding.

Considering it cost me 85 bucks shipped--if its as good as people claim it is, it should redefine my already high impression of chinese made airsoft.

I might as well ask this here, but just for the 18 hours or so the knowledge will be relevant (until I get mine, that is) can someone confirm that the sight/scope rail on the JG G36 is indeed metal? I read "everything as clone of TM" on most retailers, but skepticism generally should be enforced with dealer claims...

Steve

Where did you get it for that price?

point act wholesaler. It was bunched together with a CM028... they require a 150 dollar minimum purchase, but if you go in with a friend, its extremely cost-effective. Shipping was extremely reasonable too... 13 dollars UPS from Utah to California, they were quick to ship out the order too. It will have been 6 days from purchase to here.

Steve

I might as well ask this here, but just for the 18 hours or so the knowledge will be relevant (until I get mine, that is) can someone confirm that the sight/scope rail on the JG G36 is indeed metal?  I read "everything as clone of TM" on most retailers, but skepticism generally should be enforced with dealer claims...

Steve

No, its plastic. The rail is actually a moulded part of the carry handle. Damn fine gun though I absolutely love mine

No, its plastic.  The rail is actually a moulded part of the carry handle.  Damn fine gun though I absolutely love mine

Thanks--I speant some time researching last night, and it seeems that as you say, *NO* G36C carrying handle is metal. One metal part awry would not have really changed my impression of the gun when I get it later today, but it may have been indicative to other compositional departures... glad to see its not!

Steve

You know, I have this burning desire to buy a Chinese gun, for the heck of it.  But I know that if or when I buy one, it won't even be worth the box it comes in. 

Maybe I'm over exaggerating, maybe I've read too many rumors, may I have it all wrong, but I'd rather drop 300USD on a gun that I *know* will work, than 100USD on what could possibly be a piece of junk.

I'm seriously offended by that statement. I have a Echo 1 MP5A5 and it works very well. I can do 300 fps and it holds up rather well on the field. Plus, it was only $115 USD! :P

Thanks--I speant some time researching last night, and it seeems that as you say, *NO* G36C carrying handle is metal.  One metal part awry would not have really changed my impression of the gun when I get it later today, but it may have been indicative to other compositional departures... glad to see its not!

nowadays, a jg buy is a clone purchase you'll not regret :D quantum leap from the goldenbow days ;)

OT: nice starter review too. anticipating your take on the internals.

MetalGecko: i'm with you there.

Alcareru: might have been true with the 1st and 2nd gen clones, not so with the current 3rd gen. i'd be more than ready to match any of my clones with any of your high-enders in a skimish, woodland or urban cqb. with $200 worth of upgrades on my $100 clone, ur $300 original will be severely outperformed except on looks, maybe -- if i did not take the time to custom-paint it ;)

rumors are very easy to propagate, but very hard to substantiate :) suggest you talk to those who really know. there are many now, even in your part of the world :lol:

zt :gun:

• 3 weeks later...
i think UTG is starting to come out with some good stuff i think that well is ok the only guns i like of them are the R-6 and R-7 O and i like A&K too it seems like the lower cost AEG's are getting better.

UTG doesn't even make guns. The WELL R6 and R7 are horrid compared to JG M-series guns. It is like saying a KWC springer is better than a CA AEG.

Archived