CA SCAR-L

The Original SaXoN

airsoft-news.eu has a release from CA stating that their SCAR-L is due out in the EU in May with a target price of €325, which is about £215. This is in a letter to resellers so price will obviously vary and I wouldn't expect to see them in the shops much before the back end of May.

Looks like it's going to be the "Summer of SCAR".

Nick

Agreed but you forget that vfc keeps things quite until a month before release (except on annoucements of progects).

Plus I can't log on their web site, they could be updating (I can't log on while they fix and renew stuff)

Again only time will tell...

In Canada we are charged about twice the going price from our retailers on any Hong Kong site. This is due to the fact that you need a special licence to import them into to country. I wish we could import like the Americans can. (example. CA M15A4 carbine 300 USD, in Canada 600 CAD.)exchange rate is 0.80 to the US dollar so it isn't that. Oh and we pay up to 14% tax on top of that and shipping too,lol. So after all of that we pay about 724 CAD for that Aeg.

The CA scar will be tough to resist, I would not entertain the idea of a cheapo version and my experience of VFC and G&G is limited so I will wait for the CA. If CA officially announce A full metal Sig 551 before the SCAR is released I will be forced to go in that direction. The SIG rifles are very under represented (especially for a weapon which is so respected in the real tactical community) and I have been crumming for a decent one for too damn long.

79transam I thought G&G stuff was good too from my limited exposure have read some positive reviews and such but then I come here and there seems to be much crying about how they are bad.

I don't know how much of it is substantiated but it does seem a little odd that there is not that much negative stuff about them on the "hard to police" internet, apart from positive reviews of both the GR300 and L85.

I too was initially more interested in the G&G project as it is a SCAR H CQC (I think) but now I am not sure. Would love to hear why G&G suck so hard

Anyone?

So the L85 is no good huh? That is annoying for anyone who invested but shows a certain synchronicity. The real steel is legendary for its problems as well though that is not something we expect G&G to emulate. I prefer airsoft guns based on a weapon with a good real world pedigree (I know it should be meaningless in the airsoft world) but perhaps the design is just cursed. I noticed they are, ironically about to release the product improved version, the A2. Maybe that one is better made. So, apart from the L85 anyone got any other problems with G&G products, like I said they seem to a least pretend very well to be good quality...

Ok forget the L85, my question is really about if G&G consistently release bad products, I can't seem to get a concensus on this one so I guess I will stick with CA products as so far I have good experience with them and they seem to be releasing a shed load of interesting new AEGs in addition to the SCAR. Also, what do people think about VFC can't seem to find much about them but loved the look of the HK417.

Archived