CA SCAR-L

The Original SaXoN

Ok forget the L85, my question is really about if G&G consistently release bad products, I can't seem to get a concensus on this one so I guess I will stick with CA products as so far I have good experience with them and they seem to be releasing a shed load of interesting new AEGs in addition to the SCAR. Also, what do people think about VFC can't seem to find much about them but loved the look of the HK417.

I'm an avid G&G fan but I will say this. G&G had a history of their guns having quality control issues during their first release and this soured the taste of G&G for many airsofters. As previously mentioned G&G is always updating their guns and are very customer service oriented. I personally believe, as well as others, that G&G has fixed alot of their QC issues and I would not hesitate to buy a gun made by G&G even if it was the first release.

I would not hesitate to buy a gun made by G&G even if it was the first release. 

I would. I read an article on that Joe Cool's Blog before it closed down about the MASSIVE quality control issues G&G has. Something about how they give retailers free guns as opposed to creating quality control inside their manufacturing process.

For me, I will buy the CA SCAR (the M15 has served me well :D ) if VFC doesn't release theirs in a comparable time frame, or at least some info on it. But if VFC pulls through in time, I'll probably go with them.

Ive had CA in the past (be it briefly) and have friends who have CA now, all in all I will likely go with the CA (unless VFC offer a much bigger bang for my buck)

Why we discussing the G&G one here anyway? they are making a SCAR H which I know is still a SCAR but not the same model as CA's.

I would. I read an article on that Joe Cool's Blog before it closed down about the MASSIVE quality control issues G&G has.  Something about how they give retailers free guns as opposed to creating quality control inside their manufacturing process.

For me, I will buy the CA SCAR (the M15 has served me well  :D ) if VFC doesn't release theirs in a comparable time frame, or at least some info on it.  But if VFC pulls through in time, I'll probably go with them.

Yet the local airsoft shop in my city has sold well over 100 G&G guns and has had only 1 come back. The QC issues of G&G is alot better then it used to be

Anywho back on topic

Really? Excellent news for all of us! If G&G fixed their QC problem then they are another major player in the industry and another option for me to choose from.

But I digress...

I really hope CA decides to match the color on the lower receiver with the upper receiver. If you look closely at the Shot Show pic, you can see it is still off.

In my limited experience, I've seen plenty of problems with G&G guns.

My personal M4 started life as a GR-16 which is finally reliable after the following upgrades:

1 Replaced Stock G&G gears (Sector gear stripped after 2000 rounds stock) with CA Stock Gears

2 Upgraded to an M120

3 Replaced Gearbox Shell after an additional 2000 rounds or so with Systema Gearbox Shell after I noticed some stress cracking on the front of the box (near the nozzle).

Replaced Entire piston assemble for a mix of Systema and CA parts to get a better seal.

4 Replaced Stock G&G wiring due to massive reliability problems

5 Replaced Inner Barrel with a Madbull Tighbore

Basically all that is left from my G&G is the outer shell...

Friends of mine with the SOC16 and M14 Models had to do similar upgrades, except for the gearbox shell replacement, just to get their guns to function reliably as well. The sad part of all this is that G&G seems to be capable of making quality product, because their externals are great and their upgrade parts are good.

If I were a paranoid man, I would almost assume that the poor internal quality of their product was some kind of intentional marketing scheme to sell more upgrade parts...

Edit: Grammer Mistakes :D

I guess it's a question of which company is your favorite so I'd buy VFC's SCAR. Their products are all high quality not to mention the customer service. I got the SP1 free for my AKSU like everybody else. And if it broke for some reason, VFC would probably send me new parts for free.

Does G&G send customers new parts for free? And what's this thing about G&G blaming customers :P? At least they have super amazing compression on their side (CHO!!!).

Thanks guys I guess I will stick with CA too or maybe check out the VFC. Maybe G&G will earn themselves a better rep over time (like CA) but it sounds like they are definately not very consistent. Does anyone know which type of SCAR VFC are putting out (H or L, CQC or long). also do VFC have a website, can't seem to find anything. Off topic I know but I take it people have good experiences with VFC, their HK417 looked pretty freakin' nice.

As to youth in asia on the previous page, Multicam is fun, multicam is sexy. Given our area, I think MARPAT would be soooo much nicer. Anyway.

I like CA. I like the SCAR. The only thing that will stop me is if VFC announces that they will release a SCAR that comes with H and L modifications and two barrel lengths for less than 600 USD. And that announcement would have to be within a month of CA's release date, other wise, Ill buy the CA. Oh, and VFC must put the battery in the stock.

Archived