Anyone got a marpat kit (real or imitation/copy)?

TheFrag

Just wondring if anyone has a marpat kit or anything, and how much it cost you if you wouwldn't mind telling.

A quick graze through the gear thread and a search yielded no helpful results.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've seen it on ebay, but I was wondering if anyone actually uses it.

Would it look wierd to have a marpat load bearing vest with regular woodland and/or desert tr-colour US BDUs?

I was thinking about getting some cadpat, since I am a Canadian citizen living in the US, but the green just seems alittle...... "bright"

I had theWyvern Jungle Stalker Trooper Chest Rig and Wyvern Jungle Stalker Dropleg Gas Mask Bag set up for a little while.

Chest Rig

http://www.ironwolfent.com/cgi-bin/quiksto...exact_match=yes

Gas Mask Bag

http://www.ironwolfent.com/cgi-bin/quiksto...exact_match=yes

Jungle Stalker is pretty close to MARPAT. I got both of these items off eBay. The seller sent me the wrong chest rig and got me the gas mask bag for almost nothing. The chest rig and gas mask bag were actually a pretty comfortable and well built items. The gas mask bag actually plugged right into the chest rig. It also held a good deal of gear too. Pretty much the only bad thing I can say about this set up that after one really muddy day of play, I dumped it in the washing machine. That was a big mistake. It really fadded the pattern quite a bit.

ive seen this picture of canadian troops on a zodiac in cadpat and the green seem to blend in well with the surroundings. Im guessing the colors r picked to fit in the homeland woodlands. Heres a picture of cadpat in a training mission.

post-2076-1108035659_thumb.jpg

that works well but i just don't like it - armani leather jackets all the way lol :P

MARPAT is the official BDU of my airsoft team. We recently made the switch from US woodland. Some of us have "real" issue BDUs, and some have copies made by Topper or Tru-spec. The copies are a very close match. I also have a green digital camo chest rig purchased from www.cheaperthandirt.com for $19.95. So far the chest rig has been great. Where we play in Austin, TX, the colors seem to be very effective across two or 3 different fields that we play on. The colors do fade out a little after washing. There is another team in our immediate area that also uses MARPAT, along with several players in the San Antonio area. I think that MARPAT works better at breaking up your outline than any other camo I have come across, especially when wearing the boonie hat.

-marimba

marine digital pattern

yes, digital came with regular woodland  looks goofy.

awfully sorry, i was sort of being funny in the early hours.

ive had a set of genuine marpat for a coupl eof years now.

not bad, i used to have a garrison hat as well but i lost it.

i never did get round to adjusting my marpat sombrero though :)

sombrero hehe!

its the marpat boonie. the brim is notoriously wide and you get reports of marines trimming them and then restitching them to get a better, shorter brim.

the only replica marpat i had was the k-pot cover, only because the real deal was hard to get hold of not in desert marpat.. suffice to say the cheapo copy was ######.

Why not try flecktarn, they stock marpat all different types too like urban, woodland, desert and some other type of woodland one that seems very green

cheers.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying...

:withstupid:

www.flecktarn.co.uk

They sell MARPAT.

yeah well, thats what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure, since I thought he might be suggesting I try the flecktarn cammo pattern...

Why not try flecktarn, they stock marpat all different types too like urban, woodland, desert and some other type of woodland one that seems very green

cheers.

although i do have the marpat SAAV from flektarn and i like it very much , i dont suggest getting the BDU's from them in marpat. they are cheap quality, try getting them fromhigh desert

Archived