advice needed please jsut take a look : )

urbandork

OK this is what i have now

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

and this is what i was thinking of doing.

untitledod.jpg

I plan on keeping the pachmayr grips but thinking of swaping out the silver metal slide to a black metal slide and paint the black frame OD to match my p90tr here...

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

Ive been thinking about an OD two tone for some time now but finally was pushed over the edge by this

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=8

what do you think of the color combo???? any inputs would be cool... but something more then just .... its ugly..... or beautiful.

thanks in advance

Well i'm no authority on this kind of stuff, infact i have little to no idea of what im typing right now...

But i think its cool that you would have matching main and side arms.

Though that OD on the p90 seems a bit bright/shiny, but it's probably the lighting...

Quick question.  How did you achieve the bob tail? How does the mainspring housing stay in? what with the bit that the pin goes through missing.

super glue.... hahaah jk jk

i use parts from a bobtail and modified a meu set by bobtailing it and i also hat to cut down the dust cover as it was a diffrent lenght frame, and then i refinishing the bare metal.

As for the pin that holds the main spring housing in ... its under the grips... keep in mind after bobtailing the meu frame i also had to drill a new hole for that retaining pin... this was done with a lot of measuring and a drill press.

Heh heh, yeah, you've already cut up a PGC MEU frame, can't you leave it at that? :P

Like hbc, I'd go with silver controls.

On a related note, how much does the new, re-vamped Springfield Armory website suck? Lots is the answer.

Aesthetically I'd say either seems fine, but from a camo point of view I'm pretty sure the conversion would work better, what with black rather than shiny light-reflecting metal. Then again I suppose if you're down to your pistol you might well not be worrying about camouflage at that point anyway, I'd say go for it, but then I'm possibly not as 'set in my ways' as some of these guys.

Archived