(Expletive Deleted)

Antagon

Thanks for the messages guys, I appreciate it.

The front of the frame is SLIGHTLY bent, nothing major.

What happened was I couldn't stop in time, slammed on the brakes, and being a friggin tank of a car, it nosed down. The frame (in the bumper) of the van went right into my grill. No leaking fluids, and the engine still runs perfectly...although the fan is smashed.

Gotta talk to the shop tomorrow and see what it's gonna cost me, no airsoft for a while :(

I just hope the turbocharger isn't damaged, it was brand new too, at 700usd :(

I hate minivans.

What happened was I couldn't stop in time, slammed on the brakes, and being a friggin tank of a car, it nosed down. The frame (in the bumper) of the van went right into my grill. No leaking fluids, and the engine still runs perfectly...although the fan is smashed.

Gotta talk to the shop tomorrow and see what it's gonna cost me, no airsoft for a while :(

I just hope the turbocharger isn't damaged, it was brand new too, at 700usd :(

I hate minivans.

Dude, you are so damn lucky. Not only for owning a Tank of a car, but for coming out of that unscathed. Any other vehicle, you'd probably be in the hospital.

Now for the comic relief.

To minivans, I have this to say:

killitwithfire.jpg

This isn't just any car... The 1987 Buick Grand National is a legend. You guys in the UK may have heard of NASCAR which the title of this car refers to. It is the only car ever made by GM that out-accelerated the flagship Corvette of the same year. It must be repaired! :)

-WMH

First the G3, now the car knowledge...ahhhhh....hope you stick around for a long time :)

Trust me, first thing on my mind is to repair my baby, I plan on taking out a loan, might take a little more than I need and add a bit to bring up the acceleration, maybe a Hurst trans :)

On a side note, all that from going 35mph, it's like superman dying from a kryptonite bullet, or Batman slipping on a banana peel and breaking his neck....just sad.

First the G3, now the car knowledge...ahhhhh....hope you stick around for a long time :)

Trust me, first thing on my mind is to repair my baby, I plan on taking out a loan, might take a little more than I need and add a bit to bring up the acceleration, maybe a Hurst trans :)

On a side note, all that from going 35mph, it's like superman dying from a kryptonite bullet, or Batman slipping on a banana peel and breaking his neck....just sad.

Batman was nowhere near as cool as the GN. I mean come on, he hangs out in caves with a boy in tights.

Thanks for the kind words, bud! I'm staying. :)

Right on with the repair and the upgrade, that car is worth it without a doubt. If you didn't fix it, whoever you sold it to would.

Agreed on the damage, it may look bad, but GM designed that part of the car to crush just like that to absorb impact. Hopefully, it will not be too bad of a repair.

-WMH

Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson.

I don't mean that in a nasty way, honestly, but the first thing you need to understand is that it wasn't the minivans fault and it wasn't your cars fault for "nosing down". It happened because you were too close to the car in front.

Ahh, well. Sit back and don't sweat it. Let the insurance people do their thing. Get your car fixed up and then drive a bit safer when you take it back out on the road.

Glad nothing was hurt except your pride. ;)

Wow - 35mph? Just glad your ok mate.

It is sometimes surprising the amount of damage done to our automobiles at what we consider 'low speeds'. Came round a corner several years ago in my then car (a mini cooper) and collided with a Granada Scorpio. Was the automotive equivalent of firing a pea at a tank. The front of my car crumbled like an oxo cube - shunted the sub frame back, destroyed the front and one wing completely and played merry hell with the engine. They had a slight dent in their bonnet and the number plate came off.

Fingers crossed its up and running in double quick time

:)

never knew you had a mini aida! my sisters got an austin seven that shes restoring, so i know a fair bit about them.

Yeah, had several mini's in me time Dave, first one a 1977 Special, converted from left hand drive, black with a black vinyl roof and red/black tartan interior. Beast of a car. That was the one I shot at the Granada. :( .

After that got meself a mini cooper - British racing green, spotlights, sun-roof, bonnet stripes, personalised plate - you name it. I loved it. Sigh.

I miss my mini

:(

Archived