I Love Flecktarn

Phoenix

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must raise hand as Fleckie user.

BDU's, SAAV, drop leg holster, even have bandana in Fleckie.

Its cheap, hard wearing, blends well in English countryside and goes well with Russian Woodland camo vests on top (still cant afford russian BDU'S)

:)

Old Fleckie Piccie

Yep Flecktarn trousers and jacket.

Beats everyone else every time. It makes me think, how come german camo works better in British woodland than British camo? Do they know something we don't? :D

Plus you look like an individual in all those US and British get ups which means that my team don't shoot me accidentally if I flank round and am in front of them.

Flecktarn... mmmmmm..... :D

My current Flecktarn setup includes

trousers

shirt (soon to be replaced, it's VERY faded)

2 jackets, one liner (one brand new, only worn once it appears :D )

Gear I'm hoping to acquire

German helmet w/ Flecktarn cover

Flak jacket

Flecktarn works better in Michigan than any US pattern... I think we're onto something here... :D

regulations.... BAH!!! :rules:

Sometimes, just for fun, I show up at National Guard armories in full Flecktarn...

You sure do get some strange looks ;)

I've tried convincing some of my friends that are in the Guard to give up the nasty habit of woodland and wear Flecktarn... I even offered to loan them my uniform and jacket for guard drills ;)

They haven't seen the way of the Fleck yet, but I'm not going to give up on them :D

Admittedly I haven't been to many of the large national sites (too busy running our own site and events), but British and American Woodland BDU's do seem to be in the majority.

Quite nice to wear something a bit different. If nothing else, makes splitting into teams (Fleckie vs. all others) on our site easy.

:tongue1:

Problem with Flecktarn is such few gear is made in the pattern. It's....ok I guess. The BDUs are really strong, but very basic. My Russian BDUs are way better. The camoflauge on my Russian BDUs also work better where I play than Flecktarn, but meh.

Destrukto, I was talking to a person that's very....Flecktarn oriented.....and he said those hydration packs are of poor quality. Plus this is cheaper:

http://www.optactical.com/storm100oz.html

Just need a way to mount it ;).

My Flecktarn gear is in retirement. My dog chewed up my helmet and helmet cover (40 bucks down the drain....) and my webbing is useless.

Long live russian gear!!! heh.

I am a Flecktarn enthusiast.

My previous Loadout was the bdu with the flakjacket with a boonie or helmet with cover and a full set of webbing.

All topped of with a nice full length G36.

Best camo I have ever seen in our woodland environment with the all year round autumnal colours we have here.

Definitely love the stuff though at first I only had a good shirt,german webbing and a few pouches,I used to mix it with US woodland pants,and though that sounds odd it worked quite well actually,my alternate was just some cargo khakis.

I wanna get some of those commando pants and need to grab a few double mag pouches and a couple german canteen pouches for my C-mags,also was interested in getting those triple grenade pouches cause I wanna get the AG36 eventually.

I am rather fond of dot camo myself specially the old SS patterns from WWII,very exotic and flecktarn is not commonly seen every where round here so I like that fact as well as someone said avoids confusion and it does work well in CA woodland environments.

yea, that old SS cammo works briliantly, there was a guy i saw wearing it a few months ago at phoenix airsoft, i almost stepped on him before i realised he was there and he shot me :P

I dont mind flectarn, it's ok, it's not my favourite cammo but what i've seen of it, it works well.

Tiger stripe is my personal favourite though.....

Nah I never got aorund to buying the magazine pouches for my G3. Only place that had good quality ones are in England (Flecktarn.co.uk) and the exchange rate is like 2 dollars to 1 pound! I did order my shemagh (lost the first time I used it heh) and the helmet cover from them, very good people.

I just wish I could get better gear in flecktarn. The tacvests on Flecktarn are either too cheap, or too expensive heh.

Archived