Tanaka Kar98K Problem

Horse

Ok - I took my gun apart about a week ago to remove excess oil and check the hopup casing etc. When I did, my trigger slid out (pin slid out). I replaced it immediatly but did not totally assemble the gun. I put everything back together except the bolt. I removed the bolt to fit a new brass nozzle.

Well, tonight I went to put the gun back together and it only actually fires once in a while. I have tried two magazines and it seems to not be magazine specific.

Problem:

If I insert a mag and then cycle the bolt %90 of the time I get a true shot, the rest i just get a "blank" with no gas escaping. If I cycle the bolt after getting a gas charged shot I will not get another. I have to remove the magazine and reinsert it then cycle the bolt again to get a shot instead of a click.

Any ideas?

Horse, check out this thread.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=95579

there are links to an instruction manual for the K98, you may be able to identify the spring and its location from that.

thanks for the help guys!

I studied my manual for a long time before I figured it out.

That small spring i couldn't figure out where it went on the gun - didnt go on the gun.

It doesnt show it at all in the exploded view of the gun. I had to figure out which word in japanese is spring and it just plain didnt show up. I studied the cross section line drawing and realised that my magazines didnt have springs holding up their striker plates. The problem was that they were too low to he hit by the striker. I could only find one magaxine spring. Wierd part is that one of my magazines was basically new out of the box!?

Anyway - the spring just sits in the grove below/behind the striker plate and you have to remove the striker plate and then re-pin it to get the spring to fit properly. I hope this doesnt happen again! (now I must hunt for suitable replacement springs, no doubt because with my luck it IS going to happen again)

Archived