Rainbow Six Vegas Loadout ?

psg1snip3r

I am interested in building up a loadout exactly like the guys in this game... I could use some help finding the stuff I would need, especially the helmet/goggles setup. amd all the other stuff as well... anyone here can help??? also if you have any pics of Rainbow Six inspired gear and weapons that would be awesome!!!

Thanks!!!

post-34115-1169830468_thumb.jpg

The helmet looks like that new helmet thats been around lately. Im sorry that Im being so vague, but its pretty new and if you browse around here or milphoto sites you're bound to find out the name. The BDUs just look like standard Grey Bdus. The vest is deffinetly not an Omega because there are multiple pouches on the back. I susspose you cant go wrong with a Black MOLLE set up.

looks like gAyCU, or urban marpat bdus, with a black vest (in the book, the rainbow team used armour with omegas over? that would also work

with belt gear, and pads

with a protec, NV mount, and nv goggles

Thanks for insulting my uniform ;) I appreciate that...

Anywho, whatever vest they're wearing, it has belt loop snaps. They also have some sort of weapon retention system on the back of their vests. Some sort of material made holster, Alta/equivalent kneepads and elbow pads, 5.11/Magnum/equivalent tactical boots, aviator/operator gloves... I can't ID the vest as I haven't but a little experience in that area...

:rolleyes:

Though I can't positively ID every bit of their kit, here's my bash at a list, from head to toe:

> Some sort of skater style helmet, possibly along the lines of the Navy SEALs IBH (integrated ballistic helment) - EXAMPLE

> Shooting glasses (possibly ESS ICE 2.4?)

> Standard earbud & mic radio headset

> I'd say it's an OD flightsuit, given the last better image, as there doesn't appear to be a separated waist (colour difference due to lighting change in-game?)

> Definitely MOLLE vests, but they appear to be more along the lines of a Law Enforcement vest, as they have the lace-up sides (colour Black).

> Standard elbow/kneepads

> Nomex flight gloves (colour OD).

> Kydex style thigh holster, similar to Safariland, etc.

> Thigh mag pouch

> Standard tactical boots

Hope that's of help ;)

Si

Looks like they're wearing a MOLLE vest over armour, not a plate carrier.

Helmet looks similar to the IBH, but doesn't have the bits coming down in front of the ears. Might have been something they made up for the game.

Weapons wise, something modern and 'western' but not ar15s. MP5, G36C or K, SCAR, Sig 552, HK416, AUG A3, MP7, P90, UMP etc. would all be good.

I'm here to help!

First off, their vest. They are not MOLLE. They are snap-on on the front, and on the back either ALICE or MOLLE. Next, they are wearing Grey Flight-suits. Next, you need to pick the 'era' of rainbow you want to do. Would you rather do 'classic' Rainbow (Rainbow Six - Raven Shield) or 'new' Rainbow (Rainbow Six 3 - Rainbow Six Vegas)? In classic, you will see a lot more OMEGA's and in new, you will see a lot more snap on and MOLLE. It looks as though you have chosen 'new' sooo...

Weapons; just pick one and I'll tell you if it is in Vegas. ;) Any black combat/industrial boots should do, any black holster, and as far as gloves, I recommend BHI SOLAG full gloves for Vegas look. Helmet; no clue. Any combat belt will do, and goggles, you could probably pull off with any shooter's glasses.

If you choose to do a more 'classic' Rainbow look, just tell me. I can give you a LOT of information! (check my profile)

The helmet is either the "Army SF Half Head Helmet", which I haven't been able to find out it's official designation, but here it is:

helmet-army%20sf%20half%20head-2.jpg

US%20Army%20SF-6.jpg

helmet-newsweek-2.jpg

This is the famous Army Special Force half head ballistic combat helmet. It has been shown up in various books and Newsweek magazine.

Or, it could be the "Navy Seal Half Head Helmet"

Helmet-Navy%20Seal-7.jpg

helmet-Navy%20SEAL-2.jpg

Navy SEAL Half-Head ballistic helmet with 4 point retention system, communication headset with boom mic, detachable Night Vision goggles flip-up mount (M983 or PVS-18 NVG), Retro-reflective tape, and US flag.

Or even this "Army SF Helmet/TC-2001"

helmet-TC-2001-1.jpg

helmet-TC-2001-2.jpg

TC-2001 Sidecut Helmet is a modular helmet system that provides ballistic, fragmentation, aural, and impact protection; while at the same time being night vision, communications and Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) equipment compatible. The helmet allows maximum sensory awareness for the user, which includes unobstructed field of view and ambient hearing capabilities. It also allows mounting of night vision devices and oxygen masks. The helmets retention/suspension system provides maximum balance, stability and comfort, while providing unparalleled size, fit and ventilation. The pad suspension system provides adequate impact protection throughout all joint special operations, to include Static Line and Military Free Fall airborne operations.

Basically, take your pick.

I am interested in building up a loadout exactly like the guys in this game... I could use some help finding the stuff I would need, especially the helmet/goggles setup. amd all the other stuff as well... anyone here can help??? also if you have any pics of Rainbow Six inspired gear and weapons that would be awesome!!!

Thanks!!!

Ever try asking the developers what they modeled the gear after?

These are the guys who had empty shells coming out of the side of their P90. I doubt Ubisoft will know much about their gear...

Judging by ubisoft's previous offerings they dont know much about software development either... however I digress...

Its impossible to get an accurate rendition of the loadout from the game without expending large amounts of money on custom kit, however you can get something that looks similar that creates the same "feel" of what your trying to achieve.

The IBH type helmet is a fairly good match, you probably wont get a better match without a custom job. A flightsuit in the colour of your choice is definatly a good idea, grey, green or tan being good choices depending on where you skirmish. Modern tactical boots help maintain the image, as do a quality set of gloves. As for your vest, your not going to get a match there either, however the black LE plate carrier is a fairly good approximation, alternatively a full molle omega type vest with appropriate pouch's for your equipment, worn over a plate carrier of some sort.

Just remember, like any "impression" the effect is only as good as the effort you put in, invest in too much budget or wear it sloppy you'll end up looking the opposite your trying to achieve.

Archived