Rainbow Six Vegas Loadout ?

psg1snip3r

Those don't exist in real life. Like the helmet.

You're obviously missing the point.

Certain items may not exist in real life, but people want to replicate the loadout that is in the game. That means buying and using kit that looks as close to the kit in the game, ie: buying one of the helmets previously posted, as it is as close as you can get without shelling out ridiculous amounts of cash for a custom-made item.

Weapon wise for a Vegas loadout you need a G3 for the primary, Sig552 or MAP7 for back up & a MK23 (TM NBB FTW) or a big SA gas revolver :D as a sidearm.

These are the game busting guns and as there is no airsoft Tavor yet you can't do that & the G36 is just to common on the skirmish field.

On the BDU front a cheap raid copy or TRU's with the arm pockets altered would be a practical solution. The vests in the latest game look cack to be honest & I would choose a nice low profile molle chassis or you could copy a loadout from R6 Lockdown as they seem to be based on real world kit like the MAV lonquvist wears.

Of course you will need a set of rap gear & a site that lets you smash all their windows. :)

These are the guys who had empty shells coming out of the side of their P90. I doubt Ubisoft will know much about their gear...

Yes, a simple error in a weapon means they know nothing.

Take a look at Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon AW (multiplayer especially). Everything, and I mean everything is real gear. Heck, in GR2 it even has a product page showing off the kit.

• 1 month later...

could be CVC helmets.

Matt101, you said: "Next, you need to pick the 'era' of rainbow you want to do. Would you rather do 'classic' Rainbow (Rainbow Six - Raven Shield) or 'new' Rainbow (Rainbow Six 3 - Rainbow Six Vegas)?"

What do you think, if the topic clearly states "Rainbow Six Vegas loadout"?

could be CVC helmets.

Matt101, you said: "Next, you need to pick the 'era' of rainbow you want to do. Would you rather do 'classic' Rainbow (Rainbow Six - Raven Shield) or 'new' Rainbow (Rainbow Six 3 - Rainbow Six Vegas)?"

What do you think, if the topic clearly states "Rainbow Six Vegas loadout"?

<_< I'm setting a bassis for any Rainbow loadout.

For the Jumpsuit you could use A 5.11 TDU jumpsuit or a set of HRTs in dark navy. The local SWAT team around here uses the HRTs and they look very nice indeed. ;)---

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=59

For gloves wouldn't basic black nomex gloves work?

And these look a lot like they're boots to me.--- http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID...=1&number=12003

• 8 months later...

Most of the stuff looks like it's inspired by real gear, but not actual gear, so there's hardly gonna be a definitive kitlist. Just personal opinions on what comes close...

I've always thought the helmets look closest to the CVC (but with smaller ear cut-outs).

It's not even MOLLE though, its the velcro button mix stuff. Beleive me, I've been playing and playing and thinking and thinking.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the vest is a MOLLE one - in fact, I'm 95% sure that it's just an Strike OMEGA vest (alternate rows of MOLLE instead of the Strike Elite). The back panel is right, the lace up sides are right, the fastex clips over the main zip are right* and of course, there are the hawtex shoulder pads. You even have the belt loops on the bottom of the vest, but if you look closely during the game, they aren't actually wrapped around the belt and are simply hanging loose :huh:

I think the texture artist took a few liberties on the shoulders though because it's the part of the hawtex pad that would say "Blackhawk" that's been covered up by a blank area with what appears to be metal poppers. It looks like he stuck a few more poppers around the middle part of the hawtex pads, a loop for a carabiner and jobs a good 'un. :D

So personally, I reckon a Strike OMEGA vest, a pair of 45 degree panels (from TT or Bulle) for the pouches on the chest, a pair of 90 degree panels (from TT) for the 2 horizontal pouches on the back and all the other pouches are on the belt. I'm not sure who makes a tripple mag/frag/flashbang pouch that only uses two columns of MOLLE but I'm sure one could be found. The only tricky part would be the armour on the back of the neck - it attaches to the top of the vest by poppers (which again, don't exist on the vest) and presumably it wraps around the front, but under the collar of the BDU shirt.

Helemet wise it's not the USMC helmet but I doubt the actual helmet used in Vegas exists, so the USMC one is as close as you are going to get without modifying something. If you look at the way the line of the helmet curves from the side, it's more like a half-cut protec with a curved section cut out for the ears.. a bit like on the IBH, although the lines are much more extreme.

Also, the "ribbed" panel under the vest? At first I thought it was another vest, but now I think it's just padding because it only seems to sit on the top of the shoulders and extend down to the upper chest. Maybe it's supposed to be armoured, maybe not, but the only way to replicate it would be to get a grey combat shirt (like the AIM shirts, or the Krukspec ones if they haven't gone out of business) and sew something over the top of it. You could do it with a regular BDU top of course, but then you would never be able to do it up :D

EDIT: * Actually, there may even more fastex clips on the front than on the OMEGA vest - again, I think that's just the texture artist getting creative. Maybe I'll ask him to confirm this :)

5.11 could hook you up with most of what you need...any half-skater helmet will be fine...any black tactical vest will likely be fine - from the police type button-vests, to the molle vests - no one is going to call you out during a game...grey BDUs (not navy, not OD...I play this game a bit too much...its grey).

Oh...and dont buy anything yet...RSV2 comes out in March..or later in 08... :-)

Archived