I'd like to use the name I use on all the other boards I'm on.

Really? looking back on it now, I think that it's a bad idea to do that. People with extremely too much time on their hands can easily find out anything I did that was, err, not really good. Lucky for me no one cares at the moment. I want my name changed to The Skull! Not really. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As Arnie said if you guys could all be patient it'd be appreciated. Please don't be tempted to go set up duplicate accounts in the mean time - it's a breach of forum policy as you're all probably aware, and will just end up with your current forum name no longer being something you have to worry about... :)

• 1 month later...

Related to name changes, when admin time is available, I'd also like to change my screen name to the same one I use on other forums. However, a search shows that it's already taken.

The account in question was created in Aug 05, last used in Jan 06, and has entered a total of 6 posts (about one per month). When an account is as unused as this one appears to be, is some sort of screen name recycling something that can be done?

Yours hopefully,

Django (a name that now sounds weird and unfamiliar)

• 2 months later...

Okay I do have some free tiem to do these requests now. Render's already done.

PM or email me the request and I'll do it. I can also flag them as done here.

Old unused accounts can be looked into and removed to free up otherwise unused names. However I'd prefer not to do that commonplace.

• 1 month later...