Charles & Camilla

HaVoC

Do you give a f***?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give a f***?

• YEAH!
    • *yawns*
    • Who the hell are they, anyway?!

Charles and Camilla are getting married. Yawn.

My personal view, taken from the front page of the Daily Star (a hateful paper, but I bought it today specifically because the front page headline made me 'lol' :P).

BORING OLD GITS TO GET MARRIED
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly the Crown is one of the most infulential bodies in the world. As head of state, and the Commonwealth, the Queen holds a little bit of sway, in a few minor nations. I saw a thing on body language a while back, at a state dinner, the Queen made Bush nervous.

So many people say they don't care, very loudly. Its almost as if you don't care, and want to tell the whole world. So in a way you do care.

edit: Isn't the ring a family heirloom?

Personally I'm all for the Royal Family - it's not as if they do anything wrong, as they don't do much at all :P

I do hate Charles though. He's so arrogant it's unbelievable - how can he complain about violent video games and films, and then go (or think about going ;)) fox-hunting...?

Like joeking27 said, it's funny how people apparently don't give a damn, then have a big opinion about the whole thing :)

The Royal Family neither offend me nor inspire me; they're just part of the furniture really. The Civil List cost the taxpayer £8 million in 2002. In return, the Royal Family give the government any proceeds from their numerous estates and properties; this amounted to £170 million in 2003 (this is due to a settlement reached in 1760).

The USA spend more money on 1 F/A 18 than the UK does on the Royal Family in one year...

As far as im concerend they made a promise to protect me against blah blah. It says so in my British passport ( yes im still a british civi)

Where is prince charlie in his militry uniform and gun.... Not in iraq

but infront of his computer doing the forbidded stuff not helping the country at all.

I don't really care about them getting married, they can, but Camilla doesn't deserve to be queen, and I sure as hell do not want her as Princess of Wales, infact, I don't want any of the British royal family as Prince/ss of Wales at all, but I guess they want to look cool so we have to sit back and laugh.

Tell you what annoys me.....

When you see prince phillip (i think) or some other person with a sh!t load of medals across their chest and i bet they did fu<k all.

Sorry to drag this up, but took me a while to dig up this info.

In 1969 Prince Charles became colonel-in-chief of the Royal Regiment of Wales. He entered the Royal Navy in 1971. That same year he learned to fly jets at the Royal Air Force College and earned his RAF wings. During his naval career he served on frigates and a guided-missile destroyer. In 1974 he became a helicoptor pilot at a Royal Naval Air Station in Somerset. He operated from the aircraft carrier HMS HERMES as part of the 845 Naval Air Squadron. In 1976 he commanded the coastal minehunter HMS BRONINGTON. At the end of '76 he left the navy. As of July 2002 he was a rear-admiral in the Royal Navy, a major-general in the army, and air vice-marshal in the Royal Air Force.

In 1969 Prince Charles became colonel-in-chief of the Royal Regiment of Wales. He entered the Royal Navy in 1971. That same year he learned to fly jets at the Royal Air Force College and earned his RAF wings. During his naval career he served on frigates and a guided-missile destroyer. In 1974 he became a helicoptor pilot at a Royal Naval Air Station in Somerset. He operated from the aircraft carrier HMS HERMES as part of the 845 Naval Air Squadron. In 1976 he commanded the coastal minehunter HMS BRONINGTON. At the end of '76 he left the navy. As of July 2002 he was a rear-admiral in the Royal Navy, a major-general in the army, and air vice-marshal in the Royal Air Force.

Can you say pwned? Nice one doc. Its amazing what a little research can say to "everyone knows"

I wasn't doing it for one-upmanship, it's just the Royal Family and the miltary have traditionally been very close, and it's often not just ceremonial :)

Of course, they are still brass, and so the average squaddie might still say they have it easy (and I have no doubt that they do), but that's another matter :P

Still curious if he did his Para jumps to get his wings though :lol:

One thing I've always been curious about is, when they're on active service (eg in the Falklands) do they still have their RPG (Royalty Protection Group not the other RPG) team with them? Or is it an RMP CP team.... I mean imagine Andrew crashing his chopper in the gulf not only would his team have had to do E&E with a prince they'd have had a couple of glock toting plod along for the adventure...

Archived