Spelling.. please?

To solve problems and stop anyone getting their pants in a twist over things through misunderstandings I've removed the photo from the previous post that Asso added.

Didn't read/translate the "l33t" text myself.. that kinda text gives me a headache at the best of times.

Anyway, calm down on all fronts and chill folks. This is getting seriously off-topic. Point is, please type sensibly. ;)

Somewhere...

All our English teachers are committing suicide

And just to make a point - every single European I've met speaks better English than most Americans I've ever met... kind of scary knowing the Germans speak English better as a second or third language than the Americans do as a first ;)

Here's a message for everyone using such misspelled words such as w00t, powned (Or anything that starts with 'O' and they use a 'P'), n00b or any intentionally mispelled word such as those:

Speaking as a Newbie (Or FNG) Here,

I do not even try and read the "text" speak queries on here. It is a target rich enough environment without having to wade through Dweeb speak!

Ducks under overhead cover, checks ammo state and calls in pre registered artillery support. :flamed:

Edited by Stoatyboy
I think most people will settle for an attempt at something legible that we can read. :)

Hmm... having seen the site that automatically translates pages into (among other things) Elmer Fudd and the Swedish Chef.. how about a translator from L33t to English?

A few "Automatic translation: no content found" messages might do something? Maybe? :innocent:

I'm prone to run on sentences, my use of commas and semi-colons - not to mention brackets and dashes (it isn't uncommon (on the 'net or in real life (if real life really exists)) for me to build what seem - even to me - to be confusing bracketed asides (I would do something about it but I can't find a better way to do it)) and sentences that just fade into mumbling as it were... I know I do it and for the most part I try to avoid it.

Capitalisation and lack of full stops are my biggest bugbears, be it shouting (typing entirely in capitals) or run on sentences that cross paragraphs or indicators of low self esteem (the first person personal pronoun typed as "i"); oh, and "its"/"it's" confusion is annoying too. I'm afraid that it tends to be younger folk who are most prone to it - they also tend to be the most vociferous exponents of correct grammar and spelling.

Oh, and my English teachers would probably be quite happy, at least I'm getting my ideas down on the page these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.