What's your backup?

Nivelo

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, anyways. My backup used to be a WE g19, but I am currently in the process of selling it.

Now, I use a WE Makarov, which is much more reliable; It also has a detachable inner barrel extension which I use whenever I feel sadistic.

In some cases, I have a KSC M93r that I use mainly for the intimidation factor as it is a handcannon. I normally keep it as a CQB primary, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Currently a KWC 1911 Colt Rail Gun. However, one of the problems I have is that with the collection that I have amassed over many years, and add to often, is sticking with one for any long period of time.

I've also been using a ASG/KJW P09, a PPQ and a couple of pistols that were put together from various parts: a TM G26 Advance with a metal HFC slide group and a older KJW 1911a1 with a KJW MEU slide group, Guarder Barrel, Nova stainless barrel bushing, Nova non-ambi extended thumb safety, TM Desert Warrior hammer, the 1911a1 grip safety spur modified to fit the hammer and actual Colt 1911 grips. It's got to be 10 years old and has a nicely worn finish that looks somewhat like pictures of older MEU 1911's. I can also use my older holsters that are not set up to handle the rail found on all of latest 1911 offerings. 

Backup for my AEG is a springer tri-shot (one of several. long and short) and "sometimes" I'd actually prefer to use as a primary. More fun. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just added a Echo 1 Timberwolf to the stable. Tuned it up with a Guarder outer barrel, guarder trigger, a real steel Lone Wolf magwell (took a little fitting but looks good) and the inner barrel system from a "parts bin" TM G18c..It shoots really nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just put together a WE P38s (short) with wood grips and a ICS Flash Hider for a Sig 551. Sort of my pseudo UNCLE gun. About the same length as my standard P38 but looks better. While it shoots quite well as is, I'm thinking the longer standard inner barrel will give me a little more range and FPS. It also wont show as the flash hiders rear section is just long enough to cover it.

Fits perfectly in a Sig P226 Blackhawk holster (just a bit of the flash hider shows)  or my UM84 Holster.

• 4 months later...

Just put together a TM/Garder G17 with that SLONG Front Grip Magazine Caddy. Looks different. Kind of practical. I've no idea how to holster it though.

You also have to get used to a different "2 handed hold". Would probably work well with the Glock stock.

My son says its very "Judge Dredd" looking.

• 7 months later...

KJW KP-13 (C02). Have built 2 slides for it. A Guarder G17 (no trades) with a Ace 1 Arms RMR  and Maple Leaf Hop-Up Unit and inner barrel. The Other slide is a APS  slide with cuts like a "Salient" style, no trades and night sights.

Probably the best grip I've ever used. Nice trigger, accuracy and with C02 it has acceptable range and power. I can use TM, WE and KJW (natrually) G17 magazines and all TM/Guarder G17 parts.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived