What's your backup?

Nivelo

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock TM P226 in a Safariland with three total magazines.

I've had at least three occasions where I had to use it. One particular favorite time was when my M4's motor disconnected from the gearbox during the middle a firefight (weak handle screw). I dropped my M4 and textbook transitioned to my pistol for a two solid double-taps before a M249 lit me the frack up.

Pretty much whatever I can strap onto myself before the weight gets a bit much...and even then its whatever I grab first...

...usually a full metal Sig P226 on Green, then my (new) Maruzen P99C just in case ;)

Theres really no reason not to carry two primaries...they aren't all that heavy.

A nice shotgun is always good for the scare factor :P

Putting lots of rounds downrange as noisily as possible is always a good idea...

Depending on what i am carrying at the time but it is a choice between

HFC M190

TM M1911A1

TM P226R TACTICAL

And i always have at least 2 mags on me for them.

I also used to carry a little colt 25 springer but ditched it to save weight, got one kill with it though the bloke was a bit embarresed about been shot with it.

curlyboy

One of three:

1, Hoping no one noticed me.

2, Running away.

3, Suddenly having a change in ideals and defecting to the glorious cause of the enemy.

These never work.

1, It's hard not to notice the guy standing there waving around the most appalling looking G36 known to man.

2, There is almost invariably a tree comically placed in my intended path.

3, After watching someone from 30 feet away spray an entire windup of a 5000 round box mag and fail to hit anyone, would you be overjoyed if he tried to join your team?

I now have a different backup. Recently (IE, yesterday) acquired myself an upgraded Glock 18c.

The semi is borked, but I'm none too fussed about that.

I'm very tempted to get a holster on ym left leg and go dual-wielding :D

Normally a KSC USPc, but it normally just sits there getting dragged through everthing and anything possible (still works fine to this day however). Its only ever been drawn 3 times, and only one of those was because the 36 packed in. I dont normally take it out anymore. If a battery dies or anything alse goes wrong with my primary its just a quick run back to the safe zone to grab a new gun nowadays.

I only ever take backups (all 5 postols normally) in pistol games simply because it fun just emtying one mag and whipping out a new gun ready to go.

EDIT: spelling mistakes add an amusing french accent to posts dont they.

Archived