• Last Reply

Springfield Armory 1911 "Gladys"

Externals:

Marui M1911A1 Base + Guarder "Silver" Springfield Metal Kit

Guarder Metal Barrel

Shooters Design Springfield Armory woodgrips

Internals:

Guarder Upgrade Recoil & Hammer Spring

Better hammer spring upgrade by local pistol expert.

Just need to replace my normal 1911 magazines with MEU ones. Pretty much and indoor/SHTF gun. I love it. Worth the price for me.

While I responded to this topic when it first came out, I have to add the TM Detonics .45. The pistol is just so good for it's size. If I need more shots, I can just use my TM/KJW 1911A1 magazines.

The pistol is just really accurate and while I know I'll end up with cold weather issues soon, and use my G18c AEP 99% of the time, I'm really looking forward to trying this out in a CQB invironment.

• 2 months later...

normally i use either a TMg17 which is all plastic and costs more than a chinese kid makes in a month, or my tm1911 delta elite (pgc kit).

but since its gotten colder now and the gas aint workin too good, i have an MP7 which does me just fine thank you very much.

My main backup is a TM 1911, standard except an upgraded hop rubber. Cant fault it one bit! even out ranges some of the AEG's im up against :D

And my yet to use in battle WA Kimber MarSOC :D cant wait, even got a safariland holster just for this!

Use to have a NBB P99 that was just imense but mags are hard to come by and usually leak, tried everything to make them hold gas but no luck. My mates P99 is the same so he mainly uses his Kimber Worrior. Think im going to try and dual pistols with two very nice Kimbers this weekend :D

Well here's a second hand story for ya.. but this guy we call Moltar at the field we play at carries around a ~2 foot long dildo as his melee weapon... He's got a sheath on his belt for it and everything. It's gotta be solid rubber cause he whacked my buddy in the game with it and gave him a bruise.. That sucker was heavy.

Just thought I'd let y'all in on how screwed up a few of us Americans are..

Currently it's my custom TM 1911 (guarder metal kit and PDI tightbore, upgraded springs.)

Or my custom TM hi-capa (guarder springfield slide, upgraded springs.)

Really not liking the hicapa though, I want to replace it with the KWA 1911 DS PTP and keep the 1911.

• 10 months later...

Archived