What's your backup?

Nivelo

Depends on my mood and how light/heavy a rig I want to carry.

TM Hi-Capa 4.3 (tano kobi grip, tight bore inner barrel, 150% recoil spring) does the job well.

During the summer it might be my TM 1911A1. (stock)

Lately as I am in PMC style of outfit a TM Glock 26 (upgraded full metal recoil rod, steel mag catch and 150% recoil spring) in a don Hume first agent leather holster works really well, the finger grip removed from the magazines makes this a ture backup weapon.

Was my first Glock and have been very impressed, such a short barrel is still got good range and is accurate. A tight bore barrel will be going into it next month.

Next? Looking at a KWA glock 19 ;-)

Cheers

Rich

To be honest mate for performance you're better off with the tm glock 17/18 but if you're like me and your pistol gets more use in the garden the field then get the kwa (thats if it performs as poo as mine) but i still prefer my tm even with the plastic.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm running with a Socom Gear Meu 1911. It's running pretty well, but I really fancy the full auto TM Hi-Capa (With an AS Tigercat slide upgrade if the wife never found out the price! LOL!). 50 rounds of fun out of the extended mag!

• 2 weeks later...

Depends but normally two on a belt and one on the rig. Mainly a USP tactical or two and then either the PX4 or shorty forty on the rig.

Othertimes it'll be a brace of glocks and a sig 226.

With any of them I have a min of 3 mags per pistol; y'know- just in case!!

Oh, and for *suitcases* and giggles a couple of tanaka revolvers in a shoulder holster!

• 2 weeks later...

My back up:

Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle (Hard Kick black version) with one mag. Perfect to scare people with size and sound. The range is pretty impressive. Only problem is with holster. Current ACM holster takes it with mods, but I want to put it on molle battle belt or maybe to hand it under the arm like LE people do with their sidearms.

• 1 month later...

TM P226 with NSW metal slide and frame, Guarder 150% recoil spring, metal outer barrel and 150% hammer spring which is a pain in the a$$ as it keeps on breaking the de-cocker :P I have 5 mags in total because for 70% of the time I use my pistol as a primary. It's so much easier to crawl around outdoors with a pistol instead of a rifle. For CQB the Sig sounds so scary, and I gotta give props to TM for putting in such a high-quality hop-up. A good upgrade for those who have TM 226s or Hi Capas are to buy purple gas routers from Nine Ball. They are REALLY worth it, and they work well in cold weather too.

Archived