• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

1.) TM PX4 Storm w/ 4 spare magazines

2.) KJW KP07 MEU w/5 spare magazines

3.) KJW G23 w/ 4 spare magazines

Will be trying out latest purchase: KJW P229. Need a few more spare magazines. I have been able to use my older TM P226 magazine but the new E2 mags will not lock up due to a change in the back of the magazine where its cut out for the flow valve. Shoots nice though. Using my P226 Blackhawk Serpa holster for now. Fits perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My AA 1911 MEU,

Just spent an hour or so deep cleaning it after a few years hard use (she gets a field strip, clean and lube after every game)

but today I felt like giving her some TLC, so I pulled it totally apart, degreased and put everything through an Ultrasonic cleaning bath.

No wear on any of the sears at all I was very impressed. Gave all the internals a dab of moly grease (Castrol LM) and she is running beautifully.

A fair bit of muck came off in the Ultrasonic cleaner, I might have to run all of my pistol's internals through it when I get time to deep clean them.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of ultrasonic cleaner have you got, Gisburn20? I've been trying to pull the P226 apart every few hundred rounds because as it wears in it's dumping little metal particles into the lube, which then form an abrasive paste that I don't want eating all my contact surfaces. I want to take the whole thing to bits and give them all a really good scrub when I finally get around to giving it some more internal upgrades, so if this ultrasonic stuff is good I could be interested.

I have one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002WBKLBS

I got mine from Maplin, but they don't seem to stock that model any more, it was about £30 from them I think.

I used the Sea Clean fluid they sell with them and it did a pretty good job.

Too small for a 1911 slide or frame but the internals fitted nicely in small batches.

I would love one of the bigger models but just can't justify the cost.

Jim

KSC USP.45 S7.

Actually I have 3 of theese now.

Just bought a few in parts and put them all together and still have spare parts leftover.

But to be said they are kind of hard to find parts for so whenever I see a broken one at a fair price I buy it.

Which also means I have 5 mags for them now which is nice since I like rounds of plain pistols

But mainly because it is a very good gun which don't need any upgrades just works out of the box

which is very nice and are capable of using redgas without any moods.

Archived