What's your backup?

Nivelo

KJW P226 and a replica plastic Benchmade 141 knife.  I'll be replacing the KJW with a TM with a Guarder kit soon.  I love the gun and knife, but I use them both so rarely it's kinda funny...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A replica Tanto knife, in a £3 DPM bayonet frog.

So far it has been used once and this was to climb up a hill, it helps in soft mud and for poking holes in the ground when bored. :P

Though I do miss my large pink elephant toy, she was the best back up I could ask for, just a sod to carry.

'FireKnife'

I guess am im only rocking 3 guns atm then you could consider all of them a back up.. But I usually start with gas and see how that goes then go on to the m4 should I have any problems (Which I have at the moment)

Sounds about right, I also start most days with my more finicky weapons and I move on down the line as they fail until I end up with my CAR-15 or Hicapa

Though I do miss my large pink elephant toy, she was the best back up I could ask for, just a sod to carry.

'FireKnife'

If anyone else posted this would I still first think said toy is 18" long, battery operated and only available from certain shops with blacked out windows?

If they make one called the Elephant Toy then I would dread to think what it is like (though I know a girl that can find out for me).

Either way I need to go and win me a new medicing mascot, to the funfair!

'FireKnife'

I don't have a backup.

Not having one lets me run lighter and honestly if my AEG fails, a GBB pistol ain't gonna do much in an outdoor fight, indoors maybe.  I just keep my guns well maintained and so they rarely ever fail on me mid game.  

I also save on transport weight, extra weight that I use to bring a spare lower AR receiver + gearbox.  Almost all AEG failures happen in the gearbox motor and wiring.  So if you bring a spare lower, you can be covered.  All my ARs are VFC so they're all compatible.

Recently, I replaced my GBB pistol that I carry indoors for an Impact Tornado.

I don't have a backup.

Not having one lets me run lighter and honestly if my AEG fails, a GBB pistol ain't gonna do much in an outdoor fight, indoors maybe.  I just keep my guns well maintained and so they rarely ever fail on me mid game.  

I also save on transport weight, extra weight that I use to bring a spare lower AR receiver + gearbox.  Almost all AEG failures happen in the gearbox motor and wiring.  So if you bring a spare lower, you can be covered.  All my ARs are VFC so they're all compatible.

Recently, I replaced my GBB pistol that I carry indoors for an Impact Tornado.

Been thinking of grabbing one of those, does it really work well for CQB?

Been thinking of grabbing one of those, does it really work well for CQB?

I ran a KSC MP7 for about 2 years in CQB to great effect.  Thousands of rounds and literally not a single failure to fire.  It was magical.  It was literally more reliable than my AEGs, and it's the only GBB I consider truly skirmish capable.  I would say the design of the MP7 lends itself extremely well to an airsoft conversion because:

• The bolt travel is very short, this allows better gas efficiency and greatly improved reliability.
  • The bolt can be made very light.  Again, better gas efficiency and reliability
  • The magazine is relatively large when compared to the bolt mass.  Again, gas efficiency, and FPS stability all benefit.

And the TM one is supposed to be better in every way so... yes.

Just make sure you mod the parts properly to prevent your nozzle from snapping.  It's in the thread in the review section.

I have the TM and its a master piece.. The nozzle has only broken due to people using green gas. Ultra/predator is good enough and will easy give you 330fps (on a warmer day of course).

Really nice kick as well..

It's not the green gas, part # MGG1-102 hits the nozzle's bridge when the nozzle is fully extended from the blowback piston.  Creation, the company that makes a nozzle for it, tells people to sand down the part where it contacts the nozzle and this eliminates the nozzle damage problem completely.  Apparently it's a very well known fix in Hong Kong.

I ran a KSC MP7 for about 2 years in CQB to great effect.  Thousands of rounds and literally not a single failure to fire.  It was magical.  It was literally more reliable than my AEGs, and it's the only GBB I consider truly skirmish capable.  I would say the design of the MP7 lends itself extremely well to an airsoft conversion because:

• The bolt travel is very short, this allows better gas efficiency and greatly improved reliability.
  • The bolt can be made very light.  Again, better gas efficiency and reliability
  • The magazine is relatively large when compared to the bolt mass.  Again, gas efficiency, and FPS stability all benefit.

And the TM one is supposed to be better in every way so... yes.

Just make sure you mod the parts properly to prevent your nozzle from snapping.  It's in the thread in the review section.

Well, I was referring to the tornado grenade :P

I have a KWA MP7 :)

Well, I was referring to the tornado grenade :P

I have a KWA MP7 :)

And this is why being specific is important.

Haven't had a kill with the grenade yet but... it fires reliably and in a test where we had 6 guys stand in a circle 1 meter away from it, everyone got hit.  Which is better than the old timer ones I must say.

I don't have a backup.

Not having one lets me run lighter and honestly if my AEG fails, a GBB pistol ain't gonna do much in an outdoor fight, indoors maybe.

If having all of 7-800g on you slows you down significantly, you seriously need to look into your lower body strength. And you're basically saying that if you're out of ammo or if your main gun dies on you you just walk out and quit, tail between your legs? I'd like to point out how most TM pistols are good for 40m engagements, but judging by your sentiment against anything that isn't an AEG you probably wont believe me.

edit:

And also, no offense but your coming into a "backup (mostly pistols)" thread and practically saying that they're useless only makes you look like you don't know how to use one or are trolling. It's like going to the AR thread and post an AK saying "I don't have an AR because they're too heavy and useless".

If having all of 7-800g on you slows you down significantly, you seriously need to look into your lower body strength. And you're basically saying that if you're out of ammo or if your main gun dies on you you just walk out and quit, tail between your legs? I'd like to point out how most TM pistols are good for 40m engagements, but judging by your sentiment against anything that isn't an AEG you probably wont believe me.

edit:

And also, no offense but your coming into a "backup (mostly pistols)" thread and practically saying that they're useless only makes you look like you don't know how to use one or are trolling. It's like going to the AR thread and post an AK saying "I don't have an AR because they're too heavy and useless".

Real 9mm pistols aren't even effective out to those ranges unless the target is standing up, fully exposed.  Most AEGs aren't either.  40 meters is a long shot for any airsoft gun.  People think it's not cause they have a hard time gauging distance.  Most well tuned AEGs are only reliably effective against head sized targets at 25 meter or less, GBB pistols, 10.

800 grams is still 800 grams extra, and since I carry everything on my belt, it's also real estate.  I also maintain my AEGs very well so I almost never have a critical failure in game.  

FYI, most modern armies do not equip their infantrymen with sidearms.  This includes the Russians, Chinese, and all former Pact forces.  Most frontline American riflemen did not have official access to a issued sidearm until the latest conflicts in the Middle East.  As late as Vietnam the average rifleman issued with an M16A1 had to go through "unofficial channels" if he wanted a sidearm.  So when their early model M16s failed in combat they had to break out a unjamming rod rather than just drawing their sidearm, cause they didn't have one.

Archived