What's your backup?

Nivelo

The M3 shorty is a really nice gun for CQB stuff, I have been considering trying it as a backup. Is it really worth lugging around the extra weight of the scabbard and the gun? 

Yeah, I find it is, especially, as I said, if you find yourself running short of ammo, or if you play at a site with strict semi-only rules. Plus I hardly notice it's there, the scabbard hold it pretty tightly, not tightly enough to prevent a smooth draw, but tight enough that I don't notice any jiggling or anything when I run. The only real downside is that the pistol grip smacks me on the back of my head when I go prone :P hence why I'm getting a new rig for the Mk46 I just picked up.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So its been almost a year since I posted to this and I've added a good number of pistols since then (wife says I'm getting out of control-she could be right-but I don't care). As of this week a WE High Power and last month a TM 1911A1 and now deciding on that WE M22 SCCI .22 pistol or the APS ACP.. it's never ending.

1.)KJW 1911A1 with TM Detonics trigger, thumb safety and slide release, TM Desert Warrior hammer (dremmeled the grip safety to a "duck bill" shape so the hammer would work-I'm not paying $70.00 for what amounts to the same thing) and some Colt real steel walnut grips. Use TM and KJW MEU magazines. Shoots nice and it was basically made up because I was just cheaping out of buying a new TM Series 70 and then having to buy a metal kit. It may not be that pretty but its probably my favorite for some reason.

2.)TM PX4 Storm-a "tough as nails" pistol and I think one of TM's best (it has totally replaced my TM P226 and G17). Completely stock.

3.)KJW G23 with threaded barrel and I've put TM +2 magazine base plates on my magazines. I have 3 of these pistols and they always work. Yeah the trades "blow chunks" but these are working pistols.

Use either a M3 light or TLR-1 on the PX4 and the G23. Thinking about some Tritium sights.

Check out Evike Airsoft. Glock threatened suit if they continued to sell any airsoft pistol representative of a Glock. WE apparently got license from ISSC to have copies of their .22 caliber which have a resemblance to a G19. It is apparently well known and used quite often silenced.

Glock tried to sue ISSC, but there were enough differences in the pistol (its hammer fired and doesn't have a protruding guide rod) to keep Glock from having their way.

I believe you can use TM, WE and KJW G19-23 and 17 magazines in it. I believe the rear sights may be adjustable.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KSC USP.45 in a dropleg Serpha holster.

Never failed me yet and one of the best pistols avaible out-of-the-box

But then again my PTW doesn't fail me eighter so I basically use for CQB due the PTW runs at about 122ms

and field limit are below 6meters only below 100ms guns are allowed.

I am a lefty with rifles and a righty with pistols so I have learned to use both hands at the same time.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a Stark Arms G19 for a while this year until a piece of the outer barrel broke and the barrel slid out from the frame. 

Right now im using a KJW KP05(C02) with a PDI 6.05 barrel. Nice recoil, managed to get my 1911 Serpa with low ride belt mount to work well with it. Also have an oldschool TM MK23 Socom with 5 mags. Did a small hopmod, shoots absolutely crazy with .36/.40/.43 BBs.

Archived