Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nivelo

What's your backup?

Finally found a skirmish capable revolver. The Elite Force H8R Gen 2 (with adjustable hop-up). CO2, 10 shot Full-Moon clips (no dropping loose shells), fixed fiber optic sights, double/single action with upper and lower rails. $69.00 US and includes 5 of the Full-Moon clips. Very quick to reload. Very accurate and with the new hop-up, it has range capability over 100 feet.

The revolver is mostly all heavy duty plastic or nylon (it can take a major beating) with the hammer, trigger, ejection rod and most internals made of metal.

Only issue is they are like chips..you cant have just have one! I just bought my 3rd. Two have been left standard but the 3rd has a RMR and TLR2 light on it. 

The other neat thing is, since there is no cylinder to frame gap, you can add a threaded barrel adapter, apply a suppressor and it is actually quite effective.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, Wingman said:

The Elite Force H8R Gen 2 (with adjustable hop-up). CO2, 10 shot Full-Moon clips (no dropping loose shells), fixed fiber optic sights, double/single action with upper and lower rails.

What's the gas efficiency like? How sturdy are the moon clips?

75+ shots per CO2 bulb.. After literally thousands of shots out of both gen 1 and gen 2 revolvers, I've not had a single issue with the moon clips. I've got 10 per revolver and that is for 2 gen 1 and 3 gen 2. It takes some shooting to get the hop-up set, but once there it doesnt seem to move.

One of my sons has a girlfriend that just got into target shooting and has been using one of my Gen 2 revolvers and I have a bear of a time getting it back! So we are getting her a H8R, some extra moon clips, a box of CO2 bulbs and some good .23 bb's.

I also found out that revolver fits nicely into the Nylon Blackhawk Thumbsnap Paddle Holster #02 for 4" intermediate double action revolvers (without a flashlight or RMR  attached to the revolver). It is tight but very secure and you can easily adjust the thumbsnap.

Going to check and see if a belt mounted nylon handcuff holder might work for storing the moon clips.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.