Multicam Loadout

alpha54

The TT hydration carrier will hold a 2 to 2.5L bladder and is fairly slimline. A 2L camelback is probably going to be fine for a day's skirmishing & will not be as bulky on the back of a plate carrier. 3L units tend to overhang the vest which some people find interferes with their belt order.

On the subject of Taclights (& lasers) check with your local sites what they permit.

For instance lasers with a certain power output are illegal in the UK (I don't know your country's limits) and some sites don't allow there use at all here as it can constitute a criminal offense to shine one in some else's eyes no matter the output.

Surefire & other makers also state that the higher power bulbs in their lights may cause injury if shone directly in the eyes. I certainly would not be comfortable using a high rated taclight in a game for this reason. 65 Lumens is more than enough, 80 is pretty strong & if somebody were to repeatedly try to blind me with a 100 lumen unit I wouldn't be happy until they were chucked out of the site, at the very least.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The TT hydration carrier will hold a 2 to 2.5L bladder and is fairly slimline. A 2L camelback is probably going to be fine for a day's skirmishing & will not be as bulky on the back of a plate carrier. 3L units tend to overhang the vest which some people find interferes with their belt order.

Yeah, I don't really want it to overhang my vest, so I'm guessing it will have to be a 2L or 2.5L, but the Camelbak website doesn't state the dimensions of their bladders so I have no idea which will fit my carrier well or not. :unsure:

On the subject of Taclights (& lasers) check with your local sites what they permit.

For instance lasers with a certain power output are illegal in the UK (I don't know your country's limits) and some sites don't allow there use at all here as it can constitute a criminal offense to shine one in some else's eyes no matter the output.

Surefire & other makers also state that the higher power bulbs in their lights may cause injury if shone directly in the eyes. I certainly would not be comfortable using a high rated taclight in a game for this reason. 65 Lumens is more than enough, 80 is pretty strong & if somebody were to repeatedly try to blind me with a 100 lumen unit I wouldn't be happy until they were chucked out of the site, at the very least.

Yah, I'm not thinking about a laser at all - I just need a flash light or tac light to use when clearing buildings at night. You're right about the strength as well, 65 lumens would probably serve me fine plus the Surefire G2 Nitrolon is a damn nice flash light! ;) The "weakest" tac light with a good reputation seems to be the Streamlight TLR-1 at 80 lumens, would you say this is already too bright?

The G2 light is very nice. You won't be sorry you got it. I don't know about mounting to a pistol. It's possible but it would look a little weird.

Cheers, I think I know which light I'm starting to lean towards... :P

Thanks for the advice everybody! :)

The cheapest decent light would be to install a G2/6P with a rail mount & pressure switch. Very cheap & effective. You then also have the light available as a stand alone torch as well.

Another option is to get a rail converter for the SF X200 to use it on the long arm as well, she's a nice LED based light. I am currently swapping most of my lights over to LED to save the batteries, I am not to taken with the rechargable cell taclights as they fade far too quickly.

The Rico alpha nine is an excellent copy of the SF M900 vertical foregrip. It's a pretty high output system and a very good copy, lots of metal & quite heavy. The Navigation LED's are a great feature too. I suspect it's good enough to work on a RS.

Yeah, its basically down to the Surefire G2 Nitrolon or the Streamlight M3 for me - I like the Surefire because I can use it for pretty much everything, and the Streamlight just seems like a cheaper version of the Surefire X200 (it uses LEDs and its a little less bright, but also less than half the price!)

The Streamlight would be nice because I could easily mount it to the pistol, but then again I couldn't really use it as a normal flash light....

Thanks for the advice mate, I don't need the light capability that urgently so I'll need to think about this some more... :P

Alright, here's my current (but unfinished) kit list in full detail - feedback please! :)

If items are marked with a bracketed number, say [1], this refers to a note at the bottom of the list. Please read these as they will either elaborate on my choice or I'll probably be needing more feedback... ;)

Full Head Gear:

• MICH Replica Helmet
  • Tactical Tailor Multicam MICH Helmet Cover
  • UnderArmour HeatGear Hood [1]
  • Bolle X500 Tactical Goggles

Light Head Gear:

• Multicam Baseball Cap
  • Guarder Shooting Glasses

BDUs/Clothing:

• Crye Precision Multicam Combat Shirt
  • Crye Precision Multicam Field Pants R6
  • Crye Precision Combat Elbow Pads
  • Crye Precision Field Knee Pads

or

• SKD Multicam Enhanced Combat Shirt
  • SKD Multicam Enhanced Combat Pants
  • 5.11 Knee Pad Inserts

Plate Carrier and Pouches:

• HSS Gear Genuine Crye Multicam Plate Carrier
  • 4x Tactical Tailor Multicam Double M4 Pouch
  • Endom Multicam SAF Admin Panel
  • OE Tech Crye Multicam EMT (Medical) Pouch
  • HSGI Modular Utility/Radio Pouch
  • HSGI Multicam Modular Nalgene Pouch
  • Tactical Tailor GP/Utility Pouch
  • 2x Dirty Dagger Suppressor Pouch

Hydration:

• Multicam Hydration Pouch [2]
  • 2 or 2.5 Litre Hydration Bladder [2]
  • Nalgene 32 oz. Grey Lexan Narrow Mouth

Belt:

• Dirty Dagger Multicam MOLLE Combat Belt
  • Tactical Tailor Multicam Dual Pistol Mag Pouch
  • 2x Tactical Tailor Multicam Grenade Pouch
  • 2x Tactical Tailor Multicam Flashbang/Smoke Pouch

Right Leg:

• Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster for USPc [1]

Left Leg:

• HSGI Multicam Modular Drop Leg Platform
  • Dirty Dagger Multicam Knife/Strobe Pouch
  • Magazine Dump Pouch [3]

Hands:

• Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves [1] [4]

or

• Blackhawk HellStorm Fury Kevlar Gloves [1] [4]

Feet:

• Oakley SI Assault Boots [1] [5]

or

• Converse Tactical Boots [1] [5]

Accessories / Other:

• Surefire G2 Nitrolon Combat Flash Light
  • 1" Rail Mount for Surefire Flash Light
  • Cold Steel Military Classic Rubber Training Knife
  • Custom Multicam Name Patch
  • Multicam "Ghosts" Patch
  • Subdued US Flag Patch

Note [1]: There are several items which I cannot obtain in Multicam. These items are:

• MICH Replica Helmet
  • UnderArmour HeatGear Hood
  • Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster for USPc
  • Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves / Blackhawk HellStorm Fury Kevlar Gloves
  • Oakley SI Assault Boots / Converse Tactical Boots

The question is, which colour do I then get these items in? I could get them in:

• Black, which means I could easily use them with an Urban load-out as well
  • OD/Green, which would fit the Multicam colours
  • Tan/Brown, which would also fit the Multicam colours

I am not sure what would look better with Multicam, Tan/Brown colours or OD/green colours. Keep in mind that I would only be able to get either of the boots in Black or Tan. While Black would not blend in as nicely, this choice would also make sense to me because I could easily then use the items with other load-outs, which is very nice. Also, black and Multicam ought to look pretty good as well! Thoughts?

Note [2]: I have as-of-yet been unable to find a hydration solution - there are three Multicam hydration carriers I know of, but I am unsure about all of these. The options are:

• OE Tech Crye Multicam Hydration Carrier (15.5"Hx6.5"Wx3"D) [$33], up to 2.5 litres
  • Tactical Tailor Multicam Hydration Carrier (17"Hx6.5"Wx2.5"D) [$36], up to 3 litres
  • HSGI Multicam Modular Hydration Carrier (11"Hx18"Wx1.25D") [$52], u to 3 litres

Judging from that list, I think I would prefer the HSGI carrier, simply because it is the thinnest and spreads the water across my back most evenly. However, I have never used a hydration system before, so I have no idea if it actually works that way.

Another problem is that I am not really sure which hydration bladder to get. Around 2.5 litres of capacity would be optimal. I have been looking at the Camelbak products, but as I am using a hydration pouch, would I only need one of the Camelbak hydration bladders - as opposed to one of their housings containing a bladder? Even then, I have been unable to find any bladder, from any manufacturer, that fits any of the three carriers above very well. Preferably, the bladder should fit into the carrier quite tightly so that it doesn't move around, right? :unsure:

Either way, I really need some advice or suggestions for the hydration system so any sort of feedback is more than greatly appreciated! :D

Note [3]:I am still looking for a magazine dump pouch. I was originally going to get a Maxpedition Rolly Poly, but as I am now wanting to mount the dump pouch on a drop leg platform, it does not really need to have the ability to fold. Therefore, my options are:

• HSGI Multicam Modular Gas Mask/Dump Pouch [$60]
  • Tactical Tailor Multicam Modular Dump Pouch [$38]
  • Maxpedition Rolly Poly Dump Pouch [$20]

The only requirements I really have is that the dump pouch can easily be mounted to a drop leg platform and that it will keep my spent mags safe.

The HSGI pouch is so ridiculously expensive that I doubt I'll even consider it, and now that I'm mounting it on a drop leg I am not sure whether a foldable dump pouch like the Rolly Poly is the best solution - seems like it would move around a fair bit one its unfolded. What do you think? :)

Note [4]: I am currently considering two options for gloves. There are:

• Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves
  • Blackhawk HellStorm Fury Kevlar Gloves

The Hatch ones I am keen on getting because they come highly recommended from several people, and the Blackhawk ones... well, the Ghosts wear them in GRAW! :P

Which would you recommend?

Note [5]: There are two boots which several people have recommended to me:

• Oakley SI Assault Boots
  • Converse Tactical Boots

I have no experience with either, and no shop near me seems to have either, so I will have to order these over the internet. The Converse are cheaper, but then again I have heard a lot more about the Oakley ones, and people who have them really seem to love 'em. Which should I go for?

Alright then, that pretty much concludes this gigantic post! :P

I hope it proves helpful to anyone else assembling their Multicam load-out, and I hope to hear your feedback on it - especially about the items I am unsure about! :)

This load-out is going to cost a helluva lot of money, so I won't be able to complete it anywhere in the near future, but I hope to purchase parts of it over time so that I will complete about a half-year from now!

I'd remove the 'Ghosts' patch and put either an NKDA and/or blood type patch in it's place. But that's me.

It has also been my expirience that OD/green works well with black.

I would also suggest that you either replace all the LBE or just the pouches (excepting the hydration pouch) with either OD/green or tan/brown pouches, if you're going for a Ghost impression. None of the Ghosts wore all MultiCam until GRAW, and then it was very specific kit worn in MultiCam: Crye battle chassis and blast belt. This is fairly uniform for all the different Ghosts, unlike GR2 and GR.

EDIT: Since you're doing a Ghost load-out with some (if not all) MC LBE, I think Oakleys. I have a pair and absolutely love them. And they're cannon for Mitchell's IWS load-out during the Lone Wolf missions.

Alright, cheers mate!

I'll remove that Ghosts patch and replace it with an NKDA & blood type patch - I'll also get the Oakley boots.

I am still unsure which colour to get the helmet, gloves, hood and boots in though. I can only get the boots in tan or black, and wouldn't it look a bit odd if the boots were black while the gloves were green? :unsure:

I wasn't quite sure what you were suggesting when you said that OD/green works well with black - do you mean I should things like the gloves or hood in OD?

:)

I would get them both in green, that way they can be used with other woodland loadouts.

On the boots issue its up to you and what sort of terrain you play, I was told by Darkchild that the Converse boots are great after being sprayed with some waterproofing stuff, so Im thinking thats what I am going to be getting.

That only really matters if you play in wet woods, if you happen to be in a dry desert or urban arena then you dont have to worry about it. (And even though you way think black would go with more different cammo patterns Ive seen some very nice US woodland ones with tan boots and then theirs the obvious desert and MARPATs to choose from)

Well, the thing is, there's pretty much three main types of terrain I do/will play in - dark brown/green woods, light brown/green woods and urban/CQB.

I'm thinking the Multicam should do alright in both types of woods, and then I'll probably get some sort of black load-out for the urban in the distant future.

That's why it seems to make sense to me to get things like the hood, the gloves, the helmet and the boots in black, as I can then use them with both - I'm not sure how a black urban load-out would look with bits of green.

On the other side, getting those items in green or tan would both look better with the Multicam.

I'm just not sure... because even if I decide to get that stuff in green, I can still only get the boots in black or tan... so to me it would make sense to keep all those sorta things one colour at least, but then my only choice is black... :unsure:

Alright, cheers mate!

I'm thinking I might get the helmet and gloves in OD/green and the boots in black then.

Even though having all of those in tan would look bloody nice as well... but then I'd have to buy it all over again for an urban load-out (I can see green still working for a black urban load-out... but tan? :P)!

The only real issue I still have now is finding a hydration bladder and a carrier that fits it... if anyone has any ideas please let me know! :)

Other than that, do you think I could fit a dump pouch and a knife/strobe pouch onto a drop leg? :unsure:

Thanks mate - just had a look at the Tactical Tailor hydration systems.

The basic 3L one looks pretty much like exactly what I'd need, plus it saves me the time of having to find a hydration bladder because a fitting one is included.

Only thing is, I've been told 3L system are usually so long that they will hang over the end of the plate carrier. Is this true? That sounds slightly uncomfortable, but Tactical Tailor doesn't state the dimensions of the hydration carrier on their site so I wouldn't know... :unsure:

Well I don't really have that kind of money right now, so this is a bit of a "long-term" project really - I hope to acquire the full load-out over the next few months and have it completed no later than a year from now! :P

Your load-out above looks bloody nice by the way! :D Could you post a kit list? Because I really am curious how you managed to put it together so cheaply! :)

Its not that I necessarily want to spend this much money, it just seems to me that there isn't really a "cheap" way to get a Multicam load-out... :unsure:

EDIT: Btw, is that Cavalry TOTO II headset you're using? How is it, comfortable? Nice to use? :)

Bolle x800 goggles

Replica MICH2001 Helmet in CB

Oakley Mag M Frames (Hybrid lens)

Bowman PRR Headset

Handmic modified for use as a PTT For Bowman

STAR Motorola SABER styled BB container

Replica Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cummerband in CB

Replica MCLS Tri-mag pouch

Replica MCLS Single mag pouch

Replica DBT Hydration pack

Camelbak Omega 3L in hydration pack

Replica MBITR pouch

Medical pouch

Dump pouch

Blackhawk Rigger's Belt in CT

Replica Multicam BDUs (ACU cut)

Tan nomex flight gloves

Blackhawk SERPA holster for P226 mounted on thigh panel

Timberland boots (since replaced by 5.11 boots)

Replica Multicam uniform

Another shot of almost the same loadout... (please ignore the stupid floppy boonie that I have since not used :P)

IMG_9733_resize.jpg

So apart from the shades and holster...everything else is quite inexpensive indeed :D

Bowman headset is quite good...but I am looking to replace them with a pair of Comtacs...

Archived